starting strength gym
Page 276 of 301 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Fans of the recent Dune movie will appreciate this read.
    ‘Dune’ Is Worthy of Winning Best Picture at the Oscars - The Ringer
    My money's on Power of the Dog, just to piss off Sam Elliott some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    My money's on Power of the Dog, just to piss off Sam Elliott some more.
    Was Power of the Dog good? I’m trying to get to it but I’m busy lately. What is wrong with Elliot? Just curious. I don’t have a dog in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Fans of the recent Dune movie will appreciate this read.
    ‘Dune’ Is Worthy of Winning Best Picture at the Oscars - The Ringer
    Dune is so good. The Oscars are usually a circle jerk of Hollywood congratulating itself, so I wouldn't mind Denis Villeneuve finally win Best Picture (which he should have for Arrival and Blade Runner 2049.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    Was Power of the Dog good? I’m trying to get to it but I’m busy lately. What is wrong with Elliot? Just curious. I don’t have a dog in the fight.
    I just finished TPOTD. I liked it at first, started to dislike it…. and loved it by the end. TPOTD hit my emotional/philosophical sense, but Dune was better overall. I would rather have long discussions about TPOTD with others than Dune. The acting in both movies was good. Dune was just…. “Cooler.”

Elliot’s criticism of TPOTD did not fit for me. The only thing that maybe could have changed was filming in the American West and not New Zealand. However, the movie felt strangely peculiar, so maybe seeing Montana on the side of building with Southern Hemisphere hills in the background makes sense.

Rewatched a couple of decent movies- The Raid and The Raid 2. Awesome fight scenes, first is a bit more tense.

And then an all time great This is Spinal Tap. Still makes me howl with laughter.

Is going to the Cinema in the US as soul crushingly expensive as it is here? Took the kids to Sonic 2 and felt like I'd been mugged.

The director’s cut of Rocky IV is pretty damn good. The movie is much tighter than I remember and Stallone removed a lot of the silly stuff from the original. Drago has a few more lines that make him a bit more interesting.

The extended training montages are still intact. Wise move there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    The director’s cut of Rocky IV is pretty damn good. The movie is much tighter than I remember and Stallone removed a lot of the silly stuff from the original. Drago has a few more lines that make him a bit more interesting.

The extended training montages are still intact. Wise move there.
    Stallone cut out the robot. You can try to whitewash history, but we all know Paulie fucked that robot.

I've finally been convinced by repeated enthusiastic recommendations that I should watch the Winter Soldier.

The catch is that I have only watched Captain America and the first Thor movie and have never read comic books. Even then, I was not able to follow all the plot points in the two that I saw. I am not willing to invest 20 hours of viewing to catch up on all of the relevant backstory, character arcs, organizational history, worldbuilding, etc... It's too much time.

Can anyone give me a quick summary of what I need to know to just be able to put this movie on and know what's happening? Do they do the thing where they grab a "new guy" character and a main character delivers 30 lines of exposition that explains everything that he needs to know to him?

If you've seen Captain America, you should be fine. WS is a very good movie, a top tier marvel movie, along with Ironman, GOTG, and Infiniti war 1.

starting strength coach development program
    you don't need much knowledge of the lore to watch and understand winter soldier. If you enjoy it, I recommend civil war straight after.