starting strength gym
Page 278 of 301 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3002

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigredbull View Post
    Don’t bother Rip, I just walked out of it after half an hour. Mis-cast, no soul, no emotion, tepid. Luxury lipstick on an Arkansas hog and an embarrassment to Norse mythology. Not even close to Gladiator, not even close.
    I agree. I didn't think it was that great. There was some cool stuff that happened, but this story could have been done way more justice with about another 30 minutes of story telling. Seemed like a first draft of a potentially great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredbull View Post
    Don’t bother Rip, I just walked out of it after half an hour. Mis-cast, no soul, no emotion, tepid. Luxury lipstick on an Arkansas hog and an embarrassment to Norse mythology. Not even close to Gladiator, not even close.
    If it's anything like The Lighthouse, I won't be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    I agree. I didn't think it was that great. There was some cool stuff that happened, but this story could have been done way more justice with about another 30 minutes of story telling. Seemed like a first draft of a potentially great movie.
    The biggest let down was the casting - all of them dreadful. Hawke as the slain Viking King was about as commanding as a broken traffic light, Kidman the Queen had all the sex appeal of a widowed librarian, the male lead was too small muscularly and had ZERO charisma. No emotive soundtrack either - an essential in such movies. Critics raved about the visuals - they must have been on mushrooms and / or bribed by the studios. The visuals were underwhelming - totally eclipsed by Gladiator in terms of cinematography and grandeur and 300 in terms of energising quirkiness. The vengeance theme had no emotional buy-in due to the above.

Rather than waste time watching this crud, either read about Norse mythology or re-watch Gladiator, 300 or Last of The Mohicans.

Rest In peace, Ray Liotta. You were fantastic. A guys guy on screen.
    Thank your for Goodfellas, but especially for perhaps one of my favorites: Cop Land.

Top Gun: Maverick was a pleasant surprise. Balls to the wall action with a great tie in to the original. Watch it in a theatre. Worth your time and money. My favorite movie of the year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Top Gun: Maverick was a pleasant surprise.
    Yeah, it’s like a big Memorial Day hot dog. Not “well made” but it delivers the goods: lots of flight time. So little preaching or politics that the adversary isn’t even named.

Top Gun: Maverick was worth the trip the theater; which is typically off-limits. The flight footage is incredible. Jennifer Connelly is still very easy on the eyes. I didn't look at my watch once during the show.

Maverick was very entertaining. Must see in Dolby to really get full experience.

Jennifer C got some work done, right? She's still very attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Jennifer C got some work done, right? She's still very attractive.
    Maybe a bit of work, but she’s more like one of those super hot women who peak at 45-55.

starting strength coach development program
    Hope she allows herself to age gracefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Maybe a bit of work, but she’s more like one of those super hot women who peak at 45-55.