starting strength gym
Page 286 of 301 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3002

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Bullet Train is on Netflix and available for rental. Very fun and Brad Pitt is always great. Lots of fun characters and dialogue. Good action, too.
    I loved it! I knew it was going to be good when it opened with a Japanese Staying Alive.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Musser View Post
    Killing a dog in a movie annoys the hell out of me as well. If you don't mind a few spoilers, there is a handy website, Doesthedogdie It's crowd sourced but generally pretty accurate
    I would definitely use a website like that.

I'm of an age in life where I won't watch a movie where I know in advance that:

1) An animal dies (unless it's to save the life of a nicer animal or a nice human).
    2) A child dies under just about any circumstances (maybe if he or she is possessed by a demon and there's no other way to end his ruinous ways).
    3) Where a good father loses custody of his child.

I may be the only kid who hated Charlotte's Web and Charlotte was a freakin’ spider. Life Is Beautiful was a fantastic movie that I wouldn't have watched if I knew how it ended even though it violates none of the above-mentioned principles.

Interestingly, I have nothing against hunting but I don't care for cinematic depictions of it and I wouldn't hunt myself except to feed me or my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Watched Spring (2014) - This movie accomplishes the impossible: a horror movie for date night.
    No horror movies for date night? Wow. Horror movies for date night was one of my pro tips in my younger years! It was my experience that many girls get very clingy when scared.

Hey Rip, and John. Just got done listening to your guy's war movie podcast. As a snot nosed 28yr, you guys have given me some older movies I want to check out. But have seen the great ones "Dunkirk, 1917, Blackhawk down, and Saving Private Ryan. But I was curious If you guys have given movies like Lone Survivor, 13hours, American Sniper, a shot. And if you have what your opinion of them were?

I watched Dark City (1998) by Alex Proyas the other day. It came out the year before The Matrix and is very similar. It makes me wonder if someone got ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran McDonnell View Post
    I watched Dark City (1998) by Alex Proyas the other day. It came out the year before The Matrix and is very similar. It makes me wonder if someone got ripped off.
    Dark City is a good movie. I think that both it and The Matrix take a lot of inspiration from several mangas, which is why the plot lines are so similar. It seems that this topic of being ruled by an invisible non human entity is something many artists explored in that period all over the world. They should do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Parks View Post
    Hey Rip, and John. Just got done listening to your guy's war movie podcast. As a snot nosed 28yr, you guys have given me some older movies I want to check out. But have seen the great ones "Dunkirk, 1917, Blackhawk down, and Saving Private Ryan. But I was curious If you guys have given movies like Lone Survivor, 13hours, American Sniper, a shot. And if you have what your opinion of them were?
    I have not seen any of those. Which one should I start with?

The most recent John Wick trailer pays glorious homage to the classic 1979 film The Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by John F Musser View Post
    Killing a dog in a movie annoys the hell out of me as well. If you don't mind a few spoilers, there is a handy website, Doesthedogdie It's crowd sourced but generally pretty accurate
    John, the website Doesthedogdie saved a nice evening. My wife and I started the movie The Marksman. While we are watching and when I see that Liam Neeson has a companion dog I hit the website. Sure enough the dog is going to get shot, probably by the cartel. I stopped the movie and informed wife. She bailed on the movie and I'll finish it tonight but she is still pissed.

You really can't mess up the order, but be warned, they can all and probably will get you revved up pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Parks View Post
    Lone Survivor...a perfect example of what happens when you have a poorly executed "no comms plan", along with "not planning for compromise" Bottom line, young SEALS re-learning lessons that were already learned in SOF from the days of Vietnam and Desert Storm. 13 hours.....this is what happens when you work for the agency. You will be left "hanging" when shit goes bad. I went to Kris Tanto speaking engagements and this is a subject that he fails to understand. Sure, these contractors are Americans but they are working for a different entity with different rules and in a diplomatic sensitive area. Crying help to the military is not part of the "decision making matrix" for the agency doing spook shit.

starting strength coach development program
    Saw Cocaine Bear on opening night. There is a bear. It is addicted to cocaine. It proceeds to kill several people. Gory, whacked-out weirdness transpires. That’s it. That’s the movie. Loved it!