starting strength gym
Page 287 of 301 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3009

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I loved it! I knew it was going to be good when it opened with a Japanese Staying Alive.
    I wasn't expecting it to be that fun of a movie to tell you the truth.
    Brad Pitt did a great job in this one as well. Snatch Snatch (2000) - IMDb

Seeing Tom Sizemore had died reminded me of how much I admired his character in “Saving Private Ryan”. The ultimate stoic who told his comrades he was just winded after a lethal injury. Not one of the all time great movies IMHO but did have some great scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdcuth View Post
    Seeing Tom Sizemore had died reminded me of how much I admired his character in “Saving Private Ryan”. The ultimate stoic who told his comrades he was just winded after a lethal injury. Not one of the all time great movies IMHO but did have some great scenes.
    Like this one?

HORVATH: “Okay, listen up. What?”

CAPARZO: “What are we gonna do?”

HORVATH: “You’re going home wrapped in an American flag with a hunk of cheese up your ass, Caparzo you smart ass.”

REIBEN: “I thought you liked it in the ass.”

HORVATH: “What?”

REIBEN: “I thought you liked it in the ass.”

Watched two good ones recently, both pertaining to our current situation. Child 44 and Allied. The government and its lies have always been pervasive.

Rip - not sure if you've seen it yet, but I think you'd enjoy "Nobody" (2021). Very good John Wick style action movie, lots of fun, good choreography, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Musser View Post
    I have not seen any of those. Which one should I start with?

The most recent John Wick trailer pays glorious homage to the classic 1979 film The Warriors
    American Sniper.
    13 Hours is excellent. But I'm biased because John Krasinski filmed The Hollers across the street from my house and I got to talk to him and dammit if he isn't just a nice dude. I never even watched The Office until after I met him. Had no idea who he was, he was just a guy in a baseball cap trying to get the neighbor's mini horse out of the shot.
    I'll have to check out Lone Survivor.
    Let me add 12 Strong to your list if it hasn't been already. It's based on the book "Horse Soldiers" which is about the special forces sent to Afghanistan after 9/11.

Lone Survivor is a tough watch. An excellent film/story, but what those boys did…

I made the mistake of seeing the video that the Taliban put on YouTube (yes YouTube) of the firefight and the aftermath. I can’t get it out of my head.

God bless those warriors.

Lone Survivor is a tough watch......horrible movie from a veterans perspective.

Good timing on the 31-March (Top Movies of all Times) podcast that included a discussion on the need to buy movies discs because of possible future edits/revisions. Spielberg admits mistake of revising old films: Spielberg blasts revising old films for modern audiences, admits ‘mistake’ in editing guns from ''E.T.'' | Fox News

starting strength coach development program
    I finally got around to watching the Big Lebowski after knowing nothing about it and hearing it on the top 5 movies podcast.

Surreal and hilariously funny, I can see a ton of comedy movies trying to nail the same offbeat tone but not quite nailing it. All throughout the movie I found myself laughing, but not quite knowing why, I still couldn't point to any definitively funny scenes as a skit, the acting was marvelous all the way through. I don't recall seeing a comedy where the movie itself was funny throughout, rather than funny scenes/events being the humour. Loved it.