starting strength gym
Page 3 of 300 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JB47 View Post
    So being tired of movies with painfully predictable story arcs, no surprises and hum drum dialogue makes somebody a potential troll?
    dammit, I meant I hoped you were being trolled by Rip. I agree with your assessment of the avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by FullAuto View Post
    The most under-appreciated science fiction film is Forbidden Planet. This movie delves into more complex issues of the human existence. It stars Leslie Nielsen (way before is Airplane days...), Walter Pidgeon, and Anne Francis. It's worth 90 minutes of your time.
    Very recently read this movie is a reprise of The Tempest.

I watch one movie a year. This year is either going to be The hateful eight, or The revenant. I hear James bond was utter shit.

Default Movies.

I have a few movies I consider my favorites,an old one is They Drive By Night,with George Raft and a young Humphrey Bogart, Easy Rider,Goodfellas are up there.
    I go to movies often nowadays,about three times a month. I recently saw Into the Sea,it was pretty good. I movie I recently saw with Christian Bale on cable was Harsh,here is the trailer.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW9-0wVpuYg
    made in 2005. It was similar to another great movie he made called Out of the Rust. Both worth checking out.

The last movie title I mentioned with Christian Bale needs to be corrected, it is in fact called Out of the Furnace.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansan View Post

I'm with you fuck that douche bag. After what he has said about law enforcement I won't watch another one of his movies again.
    When guns are banned, only actors in movies made by anti-gun, hypocritical Hollywood directors will have guns.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    That and 'The Revenant' both look really good. I still haven't seen 'Black Mass' or 'Bone Tomahawk', but they look good as well.

Most of the new films I saw this year were subpar. Some decent exceptions were 'Bridge of Spies', 'Mad Max', 'Ex Machina', and 'Secret in Their Eyes'.
    I was particularly disappointed with American Sniper. Not one of Clint's better films.

He has to be trolling about the Avengers, because no one intelligent could like those movies, and from someone that has written a few books, Rip has to be a little bit intelligent at least.

Ex Machina was pretty good.

Over all I find most movies disappointing and boring, very little character development, halfway through I couldn't care less if anyone in the movie lives or dies. It would actually improve most movies if they killed the protagonist. A good superhero movie would be the villain killing all of the superheroes, mercilessly and without prejudice. Then the movie would be over.

I think Hollywood is a pretty good indicator of the overall intelligence of the populace, stupid movies, stupid plots, unbelievable action sequences, dumb viewers. How can anyone today still believe that when you unholster a Glock it somehow makes a clicking sound? 200 bullets fired out of a pistol with a standard magazine? Sure.... One badass taking on 10 other slightly less badasses at once, and winning? Believable. . .

I remember watching, Walker Texas Ranger as a kid. "Hang on bad guy while I round house kick you in the head, don't move... *BAM*" Perfect.

Anyone seen that stupid fucking Scorpion series? Oh my god, it's made by retards for retards. "Let's hack into his computer ECU, and then make his car overheat, while it's off" ... "Oh perfect, it's catching on fire that will get him out". WHAT!?

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I have a few movies I consider my favorites,an old one is They Drive By Night,with George Raft and a young Humphrey Bogart, Easy Rider,Goodfellas are up there.
    I go to movies often nowadays,about three times a month. I recently saw Into the Sea,it was pretty good. I movie I recently saw with Christian Bale on cable was Harsh,here is the trailer.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW9-0wVpuYg
    made in 2005. It was similar to another great movie he made called Out of the Rust. Both worth checking out.
    His best recent movie was The Prestige, 2006. It bears watching at least twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcon View Post
    He has to be trolling about the Avengers, because no one intelligent could like those movies, and from someone that has written a few books, Rip has to be a little bit intelligent at least.
    That's a pretty amazing summary.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    His best recent movie was The Prestige, 2006. It bears watching at least twice.
    Man was that a good one. David Bowie's cameo as Tesla was so great. It even managed to slime up the extremely deserving Edison in the bargain.

My personal favorite of all time is The Wind and the Lion. It had everything, Brian Keith as TR, Sean Connery as the Raisuli, Candice Bergen looking very hot, and the USMC kicking ass. That quick time march from the harbor to the palace was classic.

Page 3 of 300 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast