starting strength gym
Page 5 of 301 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Oh, come on, guys...Avengers ARE good. I'm not saying these movies are for super intelligent after-movie debate, but they are exceptionally good for mindless relaxation, which is why I do watch movies in the first place.
    And, oh yes, The Prestige was really mind-blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcon View Post
    He has to be trolling about the Avengers, because no one intelligent could like those movies, and from someone that has written a few books, Rip has to be a little bit intelligent at least.

Ex Machina was pretty good.

Over all I find most movies disappointing and boring, very little character development, halfway through I couldn't care less if anyone in the movie lives or dies. It would actually improve most movies if they killed the protagonist. A good superhero movie would be the villain killing all of the superheroes, mercilessly and without prejudice. Then the movie would be over.

I think Hollywood is a pretty good indicator of the overall intelligence of the populace, stupid movies, stupid plots, unbelievable action sequences, dumb viewers. How can anyone today still believe that when you unholster a Glock it somehow makes a clicking sound? 200 bullets fired out of a pistol with a standard magazine? Sure.... One badass taking on 10 other slightly less badasses at once, and winning? Believable. . .

I remember watching, Walker Texas Ranger as a kid. "Hang on bad guy while I round house kick you in the head, don't move... *BAM*" Perfect.

Anyone seen that stupid fucking Scorpion series? Oh my god, it's made by retards for retards. "Let's hack into his computer ECU, and then make his car overheat, while it's off" ... "Oh perfect, it's catching on fire that will get him out". WHAT!?
    Well I thoroughly enjoyed the Avenger movies. I found them entertaining. I don't think they were made to be believable, though some of them might have more substance than you give them credit. Try searching google for the Winter Solider + Libertarian.

Try Sicario, I'm conflicted on it (tries to be super realistic documentary like, then goes completely Hollywood b/s Rambo)

I cannot wait for Captain America Civil War! I'm really invested in Cap's story line, especially his willingness not to give up/turn in his long time friend Bucky Barnes.

Steve Rogers: "I'm sorry Tony, you know I wouldn't do this if I had any other choice, but he's my friend".

Tony Stark: "So was I"..

Those lines had me like ---> :'( (man tears).

Also, Quentin Tarantino movies rock! The most recent one I saw was Django Unchained and it was off the chain! Okay that was bad.. *leaves room*.

Ah, Absolute Power. A movie that shows the way to be cooler than absolutely everyone else is to be Clint Eastwood. It's up there with The Eiger Sanction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobr View Post
    Oh, come on, guys...Avengers ARE good. I'm not saying these movies are for super intelligent after-movie debate, but they are exceptionally good for mindless relaxation, which is why I do watch movies in the first place.
    And, oh yes, The Prestige was really mind-blowing.
    I watch movies that make me want to be there instead of here. So, I watch sword movies, space movies, science fiction movies, westerns, and the occasional Clint Eastwood movie. As a result, I have never seen The Shawshank Redemption because I'm not interested in prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcon View Post

Anyone seen that stupid fucking Scorpion series? Oh my god, it's made by retards for retards. "Let's hack into his computer ECU, and then make his car overheat, while it's off" ... "Oh perfect, it's catching on fire that will get him out". WHAT!?
    I turned off the pilot when they dangled the ethernet cable out of the jet cockpit. "Willing suspension of disbelief" will only get you so far...

Somehow, I think Rip was not a big fan of Elysium

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    All due respect to Kurt Russell and Samuel L. Jackson for their other masterful portrayals in Tombstone and Rules of Engagement.

But that punk director, whose career began renting videos in Manhattan Beach, CA, and whose name I will not waste the energy to type, is a waste of skin and an oxygen thief. I only once saw one of his movies involuntarily when visiting family friends who disappointed me by showing one of his movies they rented.
    Pulp fiction literally changed my life and is one of the greatest American films of all time. But there's no accounting for taste.

Tarantino has never made a bad film. Even Jackie brown. And many of his films are some of the best in recent memory.

His latest works have been vastly overrated from a writing perspective, but his visual storytelling is among the best in the business along with Cuaron and Paul Thomas Anderson.

starting strength coach development program
    talking recent movies i' m surprised no one has mentioned 'Prisoners' what a surprisingly good movie

Another vote for Mad Max from me for this year though.

Although the trailer for Captain America Civil War looks like it could be the best Marvel movie so far

Page 5 of 301 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast