starting strength gym
Page 9 of 301 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Most likely.

Doesn't look like a sword movie.

This country seems to be devoid of good humor. There's no way Blazing Saddles would be made this day and age. Instead of smart humor we get nothing but dick and poop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Doesn't look like a sword movie.
    Then you need to watch "Into the Badlands" not a movie, but it's a show with swords!!

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    Well, that's just like, your opinion, maaan.

Ive watched it once and found it alright. I find myself watching clips on youtube and whatnot. Probably should give it another go.
    I think it gets better the more you watch it. I think I could pass this question on the SS exam! :-)

Rip, have you seen The Aristocrats?
    Aristocats is a big hit at my house.

The Coen Brothers consistently put out great stuff, but my kids don't care for it yet.

For those who like Anime, both of the Vampire Hunter D movies were pretty sweet.

If you don't like dick and poop jokes, you're probably writing this from your typewriter at Starbucks, or taking a break from speaking on the shame of immodest women showing their cleavage and wearing thin, tight, small shorts...or just a shitty dick.

Good thing Mel Brooks never used fuck and shit jokes in his movies.

If like the Aristocrats, then you will love Doug Stanhope's version of The Aristocrats (probably more than the baby did)
    I'm the furthest thing from a prude, and I'm not offended by dick or poop jokes, I don't even get offended. Poop and dick jokes are overplayed.

Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, and Robin Hood: Men In Tights will always be my favorite Mel Brooks movies.
    I've been looking to see 'He Never Died' with Henry Rollins. Anyone that's seen it have an opinion about it?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think the consensus is that the funniest movie ever made is The Big Lebowski. In fact, it's kind of our staff test.
    For those who think Rip is joking, this is actually A Thing. When we found out D'Agostino hadn't seen the thing, we literally made him watch it right then and there, even though it was 1am on Sunday night/Monday morning after a seminar that was even more tiring than usual due to the massive ice-storm that hit central and north Texas that weekend causing massive stress and delays in getting in. And of course, after lots of whiskey.

Page 9 of 301 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast