starting strength gym
Page 93 of 301 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Watched Greater last night. I'm a sucker for sports movies especially when based on a true story. This one worked for me.
    Just realized something...this movie showcases the kid's Christian beliefs front and center. I forgot...that's offensive/boring material for many. So, take that into consideration before watching this movie.

Watched Collateral last night. There needs to be a term for a movie that is pretty good the first time you watch it, but that you aren't really interested in seeing twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Watched Collateral last night. There needs to be a term for a movie that is pretty good the first time you watch it, but that you aren't really interested in seeing twice.
    Rentworthy

A one watch stand?

One night stand?

If you're talking about Collateral with Tom Cruise then I agree that it is just not a movie you watch a second time. Too many movies like that these days.

It was pretty good, and Cruise is a great workmanlike actor for a part like that, believable in the role. I'd recommend it, but the script is just not deep enough to demand a second trip.

It was pretty good, and Cruise is a great workmanlike actor for a part like that, believable in the role. I'd recommend it, but the script is just not deep enough to demand a second trip.
    It's been a while since I've seen it, but I recall a deeper layer to this "action movie" plot that would seem to lend itself well to an additional viewing. Cruise shared with Foxx the kinship of a trapped life. Cruise saw (consciously or not) that freeing Foxx from his mire could also serve to free himself, though only through death. Thus, by giving Foxx the necessary tools and motivations, he allows Foxx to overcome him. But then again, it was a Michael Mann film.

That's pretty cryptic, Lar.

starting strength coach development program
    That's pretty cryptic, Lar.
    Actually, you could substitute that cosmic observation and review for the original Point Break with Keanu Reaves.

You're going down, maaaaan!