starting strength gym
Page 141 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3009

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    There is nary a post about Logan Lucky. I saw it last week. I do recommend if one should like a good thievery movie. There are a few speculators who say the script was written by Soderbergh or his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Lee Marvin's best, I think.
    Point Blank was good too

I finally watched Alien: Covenant last night. Now, please refresh my memory: what was it about that movie that some of you guys found so terribly beneath your elevated cinematic standards? I thought it was the best in the franchise after the original movie.

I finally watched Alien: Covenant last night. Now, please refresh my memory: what was it about that movie that some of you guys found so terribly beneath your elevated cinematic standards? I thought it was the best in the franchise after the original movie.
    I thought so too--it connected the dots between the new and the old. I saw people complaining about it being predictable, but the fact that this first series is a prequel predicates that we kinda know that it ends up with the events of Alien. Adam Savage has some great behind the scenes stuff over at his site. The attention to detail is phenomenal and the use of practical effects is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Giri View Post
    Point Blank was good too
    The first movie showcasing the .44 magnum. And, one might add, Angie Dickinson at her most revealing.

The remake, Payback, wasn't bad either. But not as good as the original, despite some really hard evocation of film noir with the lighting.

I recently saw For a Few Dollars More, which served as my introduction to the Spaghetti Western. It was a fun movie, but it took a while to adjust to the very obvious dubbing. I particularly liked Sergio Leone's use of wide landscape shots, apparently typical for the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFifty View Post
    I recently saw For a Few Dollars More, which served as my introduction to the Spaghetti Western. It was a fun movie, but it took a while to adjust to the very obvious dubbing. I particularly liked Sergio Leone's use of wide landscape shots, apparently typical for the genre.
    It took me this movie thread to realize it but Sergio Leone's are generally well made movies except they are not westerns in the true sense

I thought it was the best in the franchise after the original movie.
    Whoa... wait... you seem to forget Aliens came after Alien...

The Alien franchise is kind of an enigma. I've never seen so many sequels be so incredibly different from each other as far as tone goes.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFifty View Post
    The Terrance Hill westerns are really good and quite fun if you haven't seen them.
    They call me Trinity
    Trinity is STILL my name
    My Name is Nobody

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawn View Post
    My Name is Nobody
    Nothing Homeric there.