starting strength gym
Page 188 of 301 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    6 Days on Netflix. True story recounting the raid done by the British SAS during the Iranian Embassy hostage crisis in London back in 1980. Excellent flick. I've seen a few critiques saying it wasn't entirely accurate but what war movie is?

Also, The Siege of Jadotville on Netflix. Another true story. Great battle that very few have heard of.

Watched Michal Mann’s Manhunter, (1986) again, and was impressed with the cool approach to how it was shot. William Petersen does a very good job as damaged FBI profiler Will Graham.

You Were Never Really Here with Joaquin Phoenix is a well done film that was maybe just a few more edits away from being great. Worth watching, but be prepared for an art house vibe, that may drag a bit in parts.

Rip, have you watched Wind River yet?

Forgot. Ordered it just now.

I watched You Were Never Really Here last night. Good flick. The end was confusing though. I'll leave it at that so I don't spoil it for anyone.

Watched the old Carpenter movie "Dark Star" last night. Really solid film. Its probably my second favourite of his, right behind The Thing.
    Killer humour and superb mood. Was also surprised at the special effects fidelity. Its no 2001, but its very good for its time and for a budget of just $60,000.

Musser was right about Wind River. I had intended to watch half of it last night, ended up watching it all. Renner's best work, damn good film.

I haven't watched Dark Star, at least not that I remember. Ordered it.

How are you guys getting these movies so quickly? Just from Netflix? Or are you buying the actual DVD's?

I'm not on Netflix, so I just buy DVDs from Amazon. Used is cheap.

Been rewatching some of the Mission Impossible movies in preparation for this new one. As much shit as Tom Cruise seems to get on the Internet, that man is an absolute star. My favorite of the series is the most recent one, Rogue Nation. All great fun.

starting strength coach development program
    Rip, Avengers: Infinity War, is out on digital, but the DVD releases soon. It is probably as good as Winter Soldier. I'm convinced that the Russo's and their script writers are closet Libertarians, with their hits against big government, positive themes of liberty, life, and their digs at eco terrorism and progressivism.