• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Does this one work by itself?
    works fine as a stand-alone - you'll enjoy it

Ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by hector_garza View Post
    Ant Man is underrated.
    Sorry for the late response. I also agree with this. Have you seen the second one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Hirschman View Post
    Sorry for the late response. I also agree with this. Have you seen the second one yet?
    I have... thought it was laugh out loud in spots hilarious. Kind of refreshing after all the storm and drung of Infinity Wars, etc. (at least for a break). Better than the lst one although liked that one too (agree it was underrated).

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Very little context needed. Some things you won't get but as a stand alone it's damn good. I would recommend watching the most recent one Rogue Nation, it'll help you get a little more out of it (and it's just lots of fun).
    It's a fun movie, I'll agree, but just lacks the quality of the Bond films. Can't put my finger on precisely why.

After being pleasantly surprised by John Krasinski's turn as Jack Ryan on the Amazon Prime series of the same name, Mrs Sinker and I watched 'A Quiet Place' with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt and really enjoyed it. Bonus: only 90 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by sinker View Post
    After being pleasantly surprised by John Krasinski's turn as Jack Ryan on the Amazon Prime series of the same name,
    I enjoyed the show.
    I thought making Greer a Muslim came off heavy handed "Check us out, we're not Islamophobic!!".
    But yeah, pleasantly surprised.

Oops, I let a series slip through. But before returning to the rules, I'll just mention Deadwood again. Watching it for the 5th time, and if you haven't seen it, you are fucking up. Best writing, photography, and direction I've ever seen, movies or TV. A true masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Oops, I let a series slip through. But before returning to the rules, I'll just mention Deadwood again. Watching it for the 5th time, and if you haven't seen it, you are fucking up. Best writing, photography, and direction I've ever seen, movies or TV. A true masterpiece.
    Dammit...and I'm generally a rule-follower. I've got Deadwood cued up but just haven't made the time for it yet, but will do.

Quote Originally Posted by hector_garza View Post
    I enjoyed the show.
    I thought making Greer a Muslim came off heavy handed "Check us out, we're not Islamophobic!!".
    But yeah, pleasantly surprised.
    I agree, but at least the bad guys were Muslim, which doesn't happen often. OTOH, the main bad guy became radicalized after an encounter with bad white cops.

starting strength coach development program
    Watched Summer of '84 this weekend. Flew under my radar until it popped up on Amazon. Same sort of 80's nostalgia type thing from It and Stranger Things, but done much better. A fun mystery and shot really well.

Saw Venom, too. A little lackluster overall, no need to waste your money.