starting strength gym
Page 212 of 301 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3002

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    If you haven't see Hereditary give it a watch with the lights off. It's done by A24 which has done a ton of great stuff recently. This one reminded me a lot of their other movie The Witch. Both creepy and atmospheric, but Hereditary had much more visceral scares. Shot extremely well, too. It's almost like three completely different movies in one and could use a bit of editing, but stick through it. Definitely worth it. Also, watch the The Witch if you haven't.
    I liked The Witch much more than Hereditary. Hereditary was much more disturbing while The Witch was a bit more straightforward. And with the Christian mythology stuff in The Witch, it's kinda more familiar.

I went to see Midsommar yesterday - same director as Hereditary - and HO-LEE-SHIT, there's a lot going on in that one. It's kinda like a modern, very well shot Wicker Man.

Rewatched Stranger Than Fiction. The scene where Will Ferrell plays/sings Whole Wide World during his dinner with Maggie Gyllenhaal is worth the whole movie.

Rutger Hauer, the actor who played Replicant Roy Batty in the original Blade Runner, has died.

Good time to rewatch that most excellent classic - the director's cut - and also the sequel, Blade Runner 2049, which was great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    I liked The Witch much more than Hereditary. Hereditary was much more disturbing while The Witch was a bit more straightforward. And with the Christian mythology stuff in The Witch, it's kinda more familiar.

I went to see Midsommar yesterday - same director as Hereditary - and HO-LEE-SHIT, there's a lot going on in that one. It's kinda like a modern, very well shot Wicker Man.
    Yes I can't wait for Midsommar. Glad to hear you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Watched Battleship last night. It was stupid, childish, expensive to make, and lots of fun to watch once.
    The fantasy of an old battlewagon rolling out to fight aliens was kinda fun, yeah?

Once upon in time in Hollywood which could be Tarantino’s last film was a great send off if so.

Probably the best acting by Pitt in a long time and weird ass DiCaprio was good to.

Not nearly as gory as husband other movies but when it was it was hilarious

I went to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood last.nite and I enjoyed it. I read a review by someone from the NY Times, he said it was racist because there where all white people except the guy playing Bruce Lee, and referring to Mexicans as beaners. The dog was
    great too. The dog food can,Wolf's Tooth, good food for mean dogs,rat flavored gave me a laff.Scenery and music was great. 2:40 went fast.

Link to the NY Times article please? I can't find it.

I couldn't find the review again. I find a similar review but can't link it. Google Once Upon a Time in Hollywood racist and you can read what some critics feel is racist about the film.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks BrooklynJerry! Read a few review's that confirm we've lost our mind as a nation. Very depressing.