starting strength gym
Page 220 of 301 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've heard of it, probably need to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter View Post
    Any Peckinpah fans? How about Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia?
    Is it better than The Wild Bunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Is it better than The Wild Bunch?
    I would say it comes a close second to The Wild Bunch. If you'd dig a dark, dirty, and groovy Warren Oates film set in Mexico that spirals out of control from the beginning, this is a movie to check out. Kristofferson also has an interesting small role and it's awfully bloody as expected.

How about Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia?
    A damned interesting film, primarily because of the excellent acting. Vega and Oates have a chemistry, even though the rest of the cast is pretty rote recitation. Good movie, watch it.

Brightburn

Seems like an inverted re-telling of one of the most famous origin stories in comic history.

Without infringing on copyrights of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Maybe it will fall on its ass, like Ghostbusters, and the one a couple of weeks ago that failed at the box office because men don't like to watch action movies with girls. Like how Atomic Blonde was so shitty, right? Maybe they will learn to stay away from Messages that interfere with our entertainment if we stop paying them.
    Doubt it. Nobody pays CNN to be in every airport.

I saw Ford vs. Ferrari a couple weeks ago. I think the last time I went to see a movie was two years ago! My dream car - AC Cobra roadster. How fun would it be to track a GT40! Waiting to get lab work done guy told me Chevy loses money on Corvettes sold at list price. I told him everyone needs a loss leader. It looks like an awesome car and what a bargain! I may require a real driver. Don't lift that throttle in the corner.

If you've got 3.5 hours to spare The Irishman is really worth checking out. It's never slow and its good to see Joe Pesci and De Niro together again. Scorcese is still at the top of his game in this one. I'm not sure about the historical accuracy of it, but it's not a documentary so who cares really. My Darling Clementine is great Wyatt Earp movie despite it's inaccuracies.

Rewatching the Star Wars films with my wife in preparation for the new film coming out. My wife had never seen the original trilogy. Episodes 4-6 were as good as I remembered. Halfway through episode 1 we stopped. That one is even worse than I remembered, and that’s saying something.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm not sure about the historical accuracy of it, but it's not a documentary so who cares really.
    based on brandt's book, "i heard you paint houses," which is filled with suspect claims. you're spot on, it's entertainment, not a historical documentary film. awesome to see deniro, pachino, and pesci all on the same screen and under the direction of scorsese. they're all getting long in the tooth, so it won't happen again (deniro and pesci are 76, pacino's 79, and scorsese is 76). heard in an deniro interview that pesci, who was retired, wasn't at all interested in doing another gangster film, and really had to be talked into it (supposedly offered the role 50 times). the book was published in 2004 and went into development in 2007 - so 12 years to get to the screen...so this was the last hurrah for this ensemble

really enjoyed it...lucked out, saw it on the big screen and then again at home