starting strength gym
Page 223 of 301 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 3002

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Finally got to see 1917. It deserves every award it wins. If you're a fan of WW1 history and/or great camera work, set pieces, and solid acting, you'll enjoy this. They pulled off the "one continuous shot" trick pretty well.

“The Joker” was quite good. Jaquin will get an oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    “The Joker” was quite good. Jaquin will get an oscar.
    I agree it was great. I thought for sure it would suck, but Joaquin did an incredible job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Margin Call was a good flick, that somehow managed to completely ignore the responsibility of the Feds for the market collapse of 2008. Well cast, written, directed, performed.
    Margin Call was an excellent movie.

I think what makes The Godfathers so good is the films highlight the moral ambiguities of people in power; in lieu of conforming to a (corrupt) authority those Eyetalians created their own government where justice is meted out swiftly and passionately and at the same time preserving their rich culture and heritage. And I agree Sofia Coppola from III is one smoldering, beautiful brunette. I am also with Mr Hurling that part 2 is the best with Bobby D as the young Vito, and that vengeance scene at Don Cicco's villa with the "Mi chiamo Antonio Andolini!" scene is fantastic.

Saw the latest Jumanji last weekend with the daughter. it was fun, funny, escapist entertainment. I was completely absorbed by the adventure and the laughs as well as the camaraderie of the characters. My mind was impervious to the outside world. Just me and the kid enjoying ourselves. Jack Black and Karen Gillan were particularly good.

This was even better than the first one of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    I just bought and watched The Man Who Never Was; a complete WWII-set sleeper of a film from 1956.
    A fine film. The editing will appear dated to modern audiences, but the story is tight and the acting holds up well. Worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    Finally got to see 1917. It deserves every award it wins. If you're a fan of WW1 history and/or great camera work, set pieces, and solid acting, you'll enjoy this. They pulled off the "one continuous shot" trick pretty well.
    I absolutely concur 100%. I recommend that everyone goes and sees it in the cinema, on the biggest and best screen you can find. Easily one of the best movies of the past 10 years, it's an instant classic.

Guess I have to see 1917 then. It seemed like a redux of Gallipoli to me, but thanks for the reviews.

War movies though. I watched Tora Tora Tora again last night and apparently the previous versions must have been heavily edited. This time it included more footage of Yamamoto with more of his reservations about the attack and the response it would get, along with the foreign minister's attempt to get Tojo to back off. Kind of interesting putting the start of WWII for us in a wider context.

starting strength coach development program
    1917 for me is more about how is was shot and edited, rather than what it is about. The story is basic compared to most blockbusters, but still manages to have you on the edge of your seat. 1917 needs to be seen by movie fans if for no other reason that to experience the masterful job they did with the 'one continuous shot' method. It has to be seen to be believed.