starting strength gym
Page 235 of 301 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3002

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Just re-watched the later two Jason Bourne movies. For the Jeremy Renner fans, I enjoyed watching him in Bourne Legacy almost as much as I did the first time! (I like him in the Mission Impossible role as well.)

He was very good in Wind River.

Default Thoughts on the Deadwood movie

Hey Rip. I came across Starting Strength and your podcast during this pandemic--and have since bought the blue and gray books to read. I noticed you mention the great series Deadwood a few times--especially in terms of "A Lie Agreed Upon." But I didn't catch you response to the movie. Just curious what you thought of it.

For what it's worth, it shot a few miles from my house and I had a chance to play a saloon guy/riffraff a few times.

The movie was good, but after the detail and character development of the series, it was a little flat. I enjoyed it, though.

Watched The Dish last week. Seemed like a good time to do so, before the launch yesterday. Great little movie, excellent performances and a wonderful story. You may be needing to feel better about things these days, and you will enjoy The Dish.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    His use of Harvey Keitel is a good choice. A great movie with Harvey Keitel( not a Tarantino flick) is
    The Bad Lieutenant.
    Thanks for the recommendation! Keitel is great. I like how Tarantino has repeatedly reused certain actors, usually on totally different character archetypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I can't think of anything Keitel has been less than great in. He, Viggo Mortensen, and Sam Elliott are among my favorites.
    Viggo is the man. A History of Violence is a seriously overlooked gem. And he was one of the best parts in the TLoTR trilogy. I like Sam Elliott, but usually as a supporting character. He kind of bores me when it's just him.

Glad to hear you enjoyed The Dish Rip. Just about anything with Sam Neill is worth watching. And the director Rob Sitch is an Australian national treasure. He actually directs and stars in a comedic television series that you would enjoy, Utopia. The series follows the working lives of a team in the fictional Nation Building Authority, a newly created government organisation. The Authority is responsible for overseeing major infrastructure projects, from announcement to unveiling. The series explores the collision between bureaucracy and grand ambitions. Just not sure how you would go about watching it over there in the good old US of A!

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoDeFranc View Post
    Viggo is the man. A History of Violence is a seriously overlooked gem.
    That scene where he gets garroted with piano wire in front of his brother, breaks out of it, and takes out a couple of his assailants was intense! And then funny as Hell after he makes his escape and his brother shoots one of his own not quite dead henchmen saying "How did you fucked THIS up!?"

Escape from New York by John Carpenter. Starring Kurt Russell. An awesome movie from the early 80's that I completely forgot about until Rip brought it up on the Covid thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD9692 View Post
    Escape from New York by John Carpenter. Starring Kurt Russell. An awesome movie from the early 80's that I completely forgot about until Rip brought it up on the Covid thread.
    Here's another John Carpenter classic - They Live. Starring wrestler Rowdy Roddy Piper. I feel exactly like the character in this movie as I walk around the streets of the UK.

starting strength coach development program
    Clue is a great movie. One of the funnier comedies of the 80s, the whole cast is a classic. Leslie Ann Warren and Colleen Camp are easy on the eye. Everybody is funny as hell. A good escape for a couple of hours. My god, Leslie Ann Warren -- the woman must be seen to be believed. Free now on Amazon Prime.