starting strength gym
Page 241 of 301 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Westside v. the World was poignant. Perhaps because lifting is the only athletic activity I connect with.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Musser View Post
    Hell or High Water by Taylor Sheridan is very well done. The superb Wind River is his, as well as Yellowstone, which is in its third season.
    John, did you also enjoy Sheridan's Sicario films?

Travis,
    I enjoyed the first one, however it has been a while and I need to revisit it. I haven’t seen the second one, but it is on my list. Between those two which was better?

Travis,
    I enjoyed the first one, however it has been a while and I need to revisit it. I haven’t seen the second one, but it is on my list. Between those two which was better?
    Wow, great question John, thank you. I wasn't prepared for it in all honesty, but appreciate you making me stop and think about it. I certainly recall enjoying both, but it too has been quite a while since I saw the first one. You've given me reason to watch both again, and I shall do so by the end of this weekend and report back to you.

Travis,
    Wind River for me. It’s stark, beautiful and brutal. Elizabeth Olsen is naive but determined, similar to Clarice Starling from Silence of the Lambs, just not as annoying. Jeremy Renner gives a career best performance, high functioning but underneath a broken man. It’s a great film.

Musser told me about Wind River a couple of years ago. Renner's best film, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Musser told me about Wind River a couple of years ago. Renner's best film, definitely.
    Both Wind River and Hell or High Water are now on my list. In fact I'll most likely be doing a deep dive into all of Taylor Sheridan's work. Thanks to Musser and Rip for pointing me in his direction.

I already wanted a 45-70. After Wind River I bought one. It’s a lot of fun.

Wind River is my favorite Sheridan flick. Every time I watch it, I pick up some interesting detail. Scripts and performances like that are rare.

45-70 is a superb cartridge and is available from reasonably priced platforms all the way to holy shit customs.

Since this is a movie thread I won’t mention, again, the exceptionally well written Yellowstone. It is worth multiple viewings.

starting strength coach development program
    Good that you don't mention it.