starting strength gym
Page 249 of 301 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3009

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisatkeson View Post
    The man in me will do... nearly any task. And as for compensation, there's little he would ask.
    How can you hate California and love the Big Lebowski? The dude is the epitome of southern Californian lifestyle. And everyone loves the dude.
    You understand "parody", right?

Yea yea of course, all the characters are. But they are also endearing.

Watched 'Outside the Wire' don't, it is crap

Give Tenet a go; made it to 25 minutes before I stopped, it just seemed rather purposeless.

I just watched the Mel Brooks version of The Producers. In its own way, it's as hilarious as Blazing Saddles but marginally more erudite. Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder were of course the stars but every scene where Dick Shawn appeared made me laugh my ass off. The Springtime for Hitler song appears throughout including as the theme of a merry go round they happen to be riding on. This song has the most offensive (and funniest) lyrics ever written.

Almost none of Mel Brooks' films could be made today and my wife made me buy DVDs of all of them. She's quite appropriately concerned that our moral betters will have all copies burned. They clearly believe that his entire oeuvre is too triggering for us proles and our delicate sensibilities.

If you haven't seen The Producers, give it go and if you have, check it out again. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll shit yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Give Tenet a go; made it to 25 minutes before I stopped, it just seemed rather purposeless.
    I think it’s Nolan’s experiment with a 2D (vs. 1D) storyboard.

As I mentioned earlier, for those who care (not you Sir), it requires about 3 viewings, then time-flow cheat sheets from Tenet subreddits.

I just watched the often overlooked Dark City; if you like Blade Runner, film noir and that painting by Edward Hopper “Nighthawks “ I highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I think it’s Nolan’s experiment with a 2D (vs. 1D) storyboard.

As I mentioned earlier, for those who care (not you Sir), it requires about 3 viewings, then time-flow cheat sheets from Tenet subreddits.
    I don't think it requires (nor is it good enoughf for) 3 viewings. Watch it twice, and look up a timeline before you 2nd viewing. It's pretty good, John David Washington is excellent as always and Robert Pattinson is super underrated. It's certainly convoluted, but not a complete puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    I don't think it requires (nor is it good enoughf for) 3 viewings. ...
    Could be my Nolan-bias showing. It's fairly indiscriminate, he has his weaknesses. But I can almost watch Interstellar on a loop.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Could be my Nolan-bias showing. It's fairly indiscriminate, he has his weaknesses. But I can almost watch Interstellar on a loop.
    I do like Nolan, but I don't think his movies are super deep and complicated. Inception is a great example. Seemingly complicated but rather straightforward once you watch it another time. Understanding the intricacies of the plot isn't even the point. The whole point of the ending of that movie is to tell us it doesn't matter.

Interstellar is just so goddamn gorgeous. His visuals are way more beautiful and profound than his writing.