Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ryan,
    Glad you enjoyed the movie.

Gerald,
    Watched Hondo a few nights ago. I enjoyed it more than I expected.

Nikola,
    Thank you very much, I appreciate the feedback on the piece. Louis La’Amour was an exceptional story teller. Single Actions can be addictive.

Ham,
    Jackie Chan’s early work is spell binding.

Watched the 1984 version of 1984 last night. It was very disturbing, especially the kids. I saw masks on them instead of their little Boy Scout neckerchiefs.

I don't like most comic book stuff that's put out by Hollywood, and I think there's something wrong with adult men who watch cartoons.

That said, if you like sci-fi and tales of war - you should check out this animation series by Richard Boylan on YouTube. It's based on the Warhammer 40k sci-fi universe. Everything about it is masculine. It's about war and glory and totally omits left-leaning ideas. Fucking fantastic.

I enjoyed this so much that I'm going to read "Horus Rising" which is book #1 in the Horus Heresy series. I haven't read fiction in years.

HELSREACH: The Movie - Vol. 1 - YouTube

At Musser's insistence, I watched Glengarry Glen Ross last night. It is an acting masterpiece by a truly A-list cast. Pacino, Baldwin, Ed Harris, Jack Lemmon (an amazing actor), Spacey (pre-cancellation), and Alan Arkin perform a stage play on screen. The focus is the acting, if you're into that sort of thing instead of space opera. No love interest, no children, no moralizing, just 1:40 of intense performance. Not everybody will like it, but if you've been around this kind of thing you will appreciate these men and their performance. Especially Jack Lemmon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    ...Especially Jack Lemmon.
    I love Jack Lemmon. He’s got an amazing range. I believe he’s most commonly known as a comedic actor and he does comedy brilliantly. He is however an amazing dramatic actor as well.

If you like him in those kinds of roles, check out “Save the Tiger”. He was awesome and for once was an actor who received a Best Actor Academy Award that he actually deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    I don't like most comic book stuff that's put out by Hollywood, and I think there's something wrong with adult men who watch cartoons.
    All I want in a movie is facepunching and boobs. One of these is ok to to watch with the kids.

Zack Snyder's Justice League is 4 hours, 4:3, and out now on HBOMax. It's great.

Great, compared to what? A proctology exam, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Zack Snyder's Justice League is 4 hours, 4:3, and out now on HBOMax. It's great.

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but the James Gandolfini/Tom Hardy flick "The Drop" (written by novelist Dennis Lehane) is a fantastic little slow-burn thriller with a great pay off. If you've ever read any Lehane, you'll like it. Don't read too much about it though, it could give a lot away.

Have you seen Stagecoach? More of an ensemble than a John Wayne vehicle, but an amazing film.

starting strength coach development program
    I recently re-watched The Truman Show, and the movie feels a lot more relevant now than it did in 1998. I used to think it was just a commentary on reality television, but now I'm pretty sure it was way more than that.

Demolition Man is another one that is more relevant now than it was at release. The "you're out of toilet paper" scene was especially surreal. It's almost like Stallone wasn't mocking the fictional characters in the movie, but us.