starting strength gym
Page 254 of 301 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 3002

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Winter Soldier is one of my top 5 movies of all time. Virtually flawless.
    Do you need to have watched the other Captain America movies to enjoy Winter Soldier?

They help a little, to introduce the characters, but it stands alone quite well.

Went to the Drive-In to see Godzilla vs Kong. The smoke clears, Hong Kong is in shambles, and the only clear loser is the audience. Give me the 1963 King Kong vs Godzilla every time.

I don't see a movie by that title.

I don't see a movie by that title.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Went to the Drive-In to see Godzilla vs Kong. The smoke clears, Hong Kong is in shambles, and the only clear loser is the audience. Give me the 1963 King Kong vs Godzilla every time.
    Absolutely disagree. That movie was fun as fuck. They cut out all the boring human drama from the last couple of Godzillas. It felt like it was written by a child (in a good way). The monsters fight, it was great.

It also happens to be the best grossing film of the pandemic.

Nobody with Bob Odenkirk is very well done. All the players are in on the joke and they deliver. Bob Odenkirk is a working man’s John Wyck. Softer, clunkier, uglier and much quicker to express his injuries. Odenkirk’s has deep comedy roots and this movie is pretty funny.

A very surprising Christopher Lloyd is initially offered up as the “Dead in Second Act Dad/Girlfriend/Wife/Puppy roll” and he provides some of the most rewarding fan service moments.

Michael Ironside’s part may have been pitched to him because he is a talented guy who has been the heavy for a long time, or it may have been a reminder about what happens if you don’t keep you shit together as you age.

The bus scene stands by itself as a three act hero’s journey. Most of it confined to the inside of the bus. You see Odenkirk’s trip through some well-choreographed entertaining violence.

The movie can be a bit indulgent on scenes where they out-clevered themselves. However it is worth a watch and I hope it makes enough money for a part 2.

I watched To Kill a Mockingbird again last night. If you're a movie guy like me and Musser, this bears watching every year. Extremely relevant now, I highly recommend that you put it on the list.

I watched To Kill a Mockingbird again last night. If you're a movie guy like me and Musser, this bears watching every year. Extremely relevant now, I highly recommend that you put it on the list.
    Pardon the interruption. To Kill a Mockingbird is also a terrific audio book. Sissy Spacek does an outstanding job as the narrator/Scout.

starting strength coach development program
    Kingsman is an excellent piece of spy comedy. Hardly a flaw in it.