starting strength gym
Page 256 of 300 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 2998

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Judgement was indeed great. But other than Oklahoma, West Side Story may have been the gayest musical ever filmed.
    What’s it like to be wrong about everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Judgement was indeed great. But other than Oklahoma, West Side Story may have been the gayest musical ever filmed.
    What’s it like to be wrong about everything?
    I smiled when I saw your post, Satch. I was a decent musician as a kid, so I thought WSS was the coolest damned thing I'd ever seen second only to the Apollo missions and my first Amoeba under a microscope. We didn't project "gay" or "hetero" on everything back then.

BUT....trying to understand where Hurling is coming from, I searched the topic and look at what we find today: Inside West Side Story
    Infused throughout West Side Story is a gay sensibility that’s expressed subtextually in the relationship between the hero Tony and Riff, the leader of the Jets, and choreographically through the homoeroticism of the all-male dance sequences. Equally bold is the inclusion of the character named Anybodys, a teenage girl who identifies as a male and longs to be accepted as a full member of the Jets. Anybodys is Broadway’s first transgender youth.
    Did we have to do that to West Side Story? Sigh. I guess Peppermind Patty (Charlie Brown) was transgender also?

So, credit to Hurling for being less of a boomer than I am...more "with it".

Still, gay or hetero, I always thought this captured the essence of first (instant) love for a young man: West Side Story: Maria

My mom was in Nuremberg during the trials as she was part of the US forces there. I'll check out Judgement tonight.

In the middle of Judgment at Nuremberg right now. Every time I see Spencer Tracy from the 60s I am amazed at his talent. And Maximilian Schell is a handsome man.

I've seen Monte Walsh 3 times now, and it has moved into the Top 5 westerns class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I've seen Monte Walsh 3 times now
    Lee Marvin or Tom Selleck?

Selleck. I didn't know there was a version with Lee Marvin. Maybe I'll order it.

I just watched citizen Kane for the first time. I was bored out of my mind. I thought it was supposed to be the greatest movie ever made. Uh, not for me. Not even close.

If you were expecting Star Wars, palios, I can see your disappointment. Give it 20 years, study the art of filmmaking, and then watch it again.

Lol, not expecting star wars. I honestly was bored.

Now I can appreciate that maybe there were some things this film did that it was the first in doing (timeline, camera angles, etc), but good grief, I was waiting for something significant to happen (plot/story wise, not action wise), and it just never did.

Lol that you called me palios. Two thumbs up.

Got nostalgic and dug out copies of Key Largo and My Little Chickadee. I forgot how much I liked Mae West and Edward G. Robinson.

starting strength coach development program
    Dredd (2012)
    Dredd (2012) - IMDb (this is definitely not the Sylvester Stallone one)
    It's a hidden gem that many people are not aware of.