If I had to rank the Rockys....

Rocky
    Rocky 3
    Rocky 4
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky 2
    Rocky 5

I feel a Rocky marathon coming on......

This list is perfect. Now, if we were being objective, R4 is pretty bad. 1h 31m, and 40 of those minutes are essentially music/training montages.

But from the time he lands in Russia to when he knocks Drago out, that is the best 35 minutes of any Rocky, and I'll fight to the death defending it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    Didn't the studio basically hire Whedon to try and "Marvel-ize" it by adding a bunch of pithy one-liners and frat-boy quips? DC is just a mess at the studio executive level it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Superman is a far more complicated character than most people give him credit for. Not to spoil the flick, but the key scene is him remembering his fathers words and what he does after that. That is the culmination of the intent behind the character.

Also, Batman as St. Paul was the needed antidote to 20 years of a character that has become less than one note. Too bad, WB thinks that one note is good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdcuth View Post
    Ok maybe that was harsh,

Rocky
    Rocky 3
    Rocky 4
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky 2
    Rocky 5

So I just heard Sylvester Stallone is cutting out the robot from his new director’s cut of Rocky IV. You can try to whitewash history, but we all know Paulie fucked that robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdcuth View Post
    Ok maybe that was harsh,

Rocky
    Rocky 3
    Rocky 4
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky 2
    Rocky 5

I'd put both Creed movies inbetween Rocky 4 and Rocky Balboa.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    I'd put both Creed movies inbetween Rocky 4 and Rocky Balboa.
    I thought the first creed was much much better than the second. And I'd agree in placing creed1 in that slot. But not the second.

Watched Hostiles the other evening, thought it was damn good. Also I’m probably gonna catch hell for this but Visionquest was on TV the other night, haven’t seen it in years. Great “coming of age” movie with a young Matthew Modine, whose character gets laid and wins the big wrestling match.

I watched Eyes Wide Shut again - I've probably watched this movie more times than I've seen anything else. Any other fans in here? If so, this insane individual has put together a shot-by-shot analysis that's pretty damn good. Excellent toilet reading: Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut - Table of Contents She also has ones for 2001, and The Shining.

This is a damn good movie despite not knowing for sure whether this is the Kubrick-approved version. Either way, even though the story is pretty straight forward, there's a ton of shit going on in the "background" of these two peoples' lives that's really damn interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    I watched Eyes Wide Shut again - I've probably watched this movie more times than I've seen anything else. Any other fans in here? If so, this insane individual has put together a shot-by-shot analysis that's pretty damn good. Excellent toilet reading: Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut - Table of Contents She also has ones for 2001, and The Shining.

This is a damn good movie despite not knowing for sure whether this is the Kubrick-approved version. Either way, even though the story is pretty straight forward, there's a ton of shit going on in the "background" of these two peoples' lives that's really damn interesting.
    This movie scared the shit out of me. I've seen it twice but it stresses me out just thinking about it. So much goddamn tension through the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post

Nick, thanks so much for this. I’m really looking forward to reading the shot by shot analysis and then watching the movie again (and again and again). I was mesmerized the first time I saw this movie. I became Dr. Bill Hartford and felt I was right there with him during his “adventures.” I never wanted the movie to end. I’ve watched it at least 50 times and now I’ll be able to watch it with a whole new perspective. Thanks again!!

starting strength coach development program
    Watched "Spring" (2014) the other night. Nice slow-burn horror flick about a somewhat troubled guy who travals to Italy in an effort to escape his problems back home, falls in love with a local girl who has her own set of rather grotesque problems. Very funny at parts, suspenseful, atmospheric, and with some very Japenese-horror-esque gore moments. Probably one of my favorite recent horror flicks of the last 10 years or so.