starting strength gym
Page 263 of 301 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Watched the Lee Marvin Version of Monte Walsh. While it's hard to beat any western with Lee Marvin and Jack Palance, I'm going with the Tom Selleck version as the better movie.

Jeremy Renner had a Lever action Marlin 45-70 with a forward mount scout style scope.

Watching Shane is nostalgic for sure. I view it through the optic of its time, and I try to determine what future productions learned, stole or paid homage to it.

Tuco mixing and matching to put a revolver together in The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...Kevin Kline doing the best he can with a dollar revolver with a wandering cylinder In Silverado and then in almost loving tribute John Wick assembling museum piece weaponry to get back in the fight.. All of these movies respected the source material, and hoped the audience was sophisticated enough to appreciate it.

I am currently watching the Replacement Killers, it hits the write tone, choreography and balance, nestled comfortably between the Killers and John Wick.

Thanks for the heads up on Monte Walsh, I will check out the Lee Marvin version.
    Last edited by John F Musser; 07-19-2021 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Grammar and Typo Corrections

Paradise Alley was Stallone's first acting/directing project. Silly in places, and I really don't like to hear these people tawk, but it's pretty good You can see his talent in 1978.

Default Paradise Alley

Ann Archer-What's not to like? Plus, lots of cameos by wrestlers from the 70's. Great Movie.

Black Widow is actually pretty good. David Harbour and Florence Pugh outshine Scarlett Johansson.

The Hunt (2020) is a fun one. The Libs are the bad guys.

Censor (2021) is a slow burn horror with an interesting take on the video nasties era in Britain.

Been perusing the the Internet Archive for old movies. Just watched Shanghai Express with Marlene Dietrich and Warner Oland (the actor that played Dr. Fu Manchu and Charlie Chan) It was nominated for both Best Picture and Best Director and won Best Cinematography. One of the things I enjoy about watching old pre-code movies, is for the “Looking back in Time” they provide.

I've not made it through a recently created movie in a long time; I've grown sensitive to the "programming". I finally finished one: Nobody (2021).

It's a low-budget, somewhat cheezy knockoff of John Wick meets Red with a cliche plot. This isn't a "film", so the nerds should probably pass. I'd call it a fantasy for us overly-domesticated old men. And, I actually appreciated the "message" in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Black Widow is actually pretty good. David Harbour and Florence Pugh outshine Scarlett Johansson.

The Hunt (2020) is a fun one. The Libs are the bad guys.

Censor (2021) is a slow burn horror with an interesting take on the video nasties era in Britain.
    Censor was good! I wish it had gone in a slightly different direction after the second act, but I quite enjoyed it overall.

Don't know how I missed this: 30 Days of Night. The most gory, horrible vampire movie I've ever seen. Danny Huston and Josh Harnett do a great job.

starting strength coach development program
    Perfect movie = Fargo