starting strength gym
Page 266 of 301 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 3009

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I recently watched a movie called Mr Jones, that came out last year. Learned a few historical things I was, of course, not ever taught. I was almost surprised that this movie came out, let alone in 2020, but I doubt many have watched. It gave me the same chills you described and left me very pissed off at the end Rip. Walter Duranty was such a ginormous pile of shit and now they have essentially systemized what he did in the 30s.
    Great tip, did not know about this movie. I read a great book about this called “Red Famine” by Anna Applebaum, very readable once you get past the first chapter. Unbelievable story about how Stalin or type of central planning by government will lead to total destruction. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes iunntentionally. I believe she mentions this guy in the book briefly.

And yes she goes into detail about the great New York Times coverage of communism. Great book if you are interested in the Ukrainian famine, Stalin, or a textbook example of government planning of an economy.

I'd like to read it. That movie, while unsurprising, was quite chilling given the current state of events. The entire world was going authoritarian simultaneously and FDR somehow got a pass in the history books.

Nomadland is not a movie I recommend. It suppose to be about a woman Vanlifing, but it's actually has little about vanlife and is just 108 boring, dark, minutes about a depressed, grieving woman having trouble moving on from the loss of her husband, job and house. The fact that she is living in a van is merely incidental. That this movie won Academy Awards just illustrates that the Awards continue being nothing more then a political tool of the left.

Part of the reason I was disappointed in this movie, is that I'm interested in the idea of traveling around the country. I've be reading up on nomad living and the idea of watching a movie about the subject was appealing, too bad it wasn't.

I threw on Dirty Harry last night. My girlfriend had not seen it despite having seen many other movies of the era and being a fan of the genre. No way that would ever get released now.

I watched Killing Them Softly last night which was rather underwhelming. However I thought the last line of the movie was pretty spot on. "America is not a country. Its a business."

Stallone in Rocky, Rocky Balboa, and Creed is great. He is GREAT in Copland. Underrated in the original First Blood.

I love Rocky 4; from when they land in Russia, to when Drago goes down, it is my favorite Rocky (skip the robot and post fight speech...).

Not sure I want to see a director's cut, but of course I won't miss it.....

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Stallone in Rocky, Rocky Balboa, and Creed is great. He is GREAT in Copland. Underrated in the original First Blood.

I love Rocky 4; from when they land in Russia, to when Drago goes down, it is my favorite Rocky (skip the robot and post fight speech...).

Not sure I want to see a director's cut, but of course I won't miss it.....
    There is a director's cut for Rocky IV?

Coming one day only in theaters, Nov 11, I think.

I just heard Sylvester Stallone is cutting out the robot from his new director’s cut of Rocky IV. You can try to whitewash history, but we all know Paulie fucked that robot.

Rocky IV: Rocky vs. Drago | The Ultimate Director?s Cut | Official Trailer | MGM Studios - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    A quick review after watching The Outlaw Josey Wales for the first time:

Damn.