starting strength gym
Page 271 of 301 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Kurt Warners new movie about his life is really good. Saw it on Christmas Day. True underdog story.

Just in case anyone has the bright idea to see Matrix Resurrections. Don't.

It's on par with the last star wars movie for how bad it is. My only consolation was that not only did I not pay to see it, I paid someone else to see it on a pirate streaming platform.

We've all heard about it. Lots of people have walked out at :30.

Mark, have you seen the Spiderman movie yet? Or still holding out on going to the theater?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We've all heard about it. Lots of people have walked out at :30.

If I go to the theater, it will be the last feature on Sunday night. Maybe next week.

We saw Ridley Scott's latest last night: The Last Duel.

Damn good performances all around - everyone plays themselves three different ways based on the perspective of each of the main characters, brutal sword and dagger fights, and lots of cool historical bits thrown in - like the medieval doctor using a urine wheel.

Been watching a ton of movies on Tubi lately, recently watched Dead-End Drive In - an Australian b movie from the 80's about a guy and his girlfriend who go to the drive-in, and then when they try to leave, discover that the government has declared martial law and has imprisoned them, using the drive-in theatre as a type of containment camp. Pretty cool little movie, lots of Mad Max inspiration.

The Rescue, on Disney+. About the rescue effort for the soccer team (twelve 13yos and their coach) were stuck in a cave filling with monsoon waters in Thailand. Some incredible footage.

Tango shalom A fun movie to watch with the missus. A bit different then most of the movies talked about here, as there is no profanity, guns, killing, and/or explosions.
    From the cover: When a Tango dancer asks a Rabbi to enter a dance competition, there's one big problem due to his Orthodox beliefs, he's not allowed to touch her! But the prize money would save his school from bankruptcy, so they develop a plan to enter the competition without sacrificing his faith, and the bonds of family and community are tested one dazzling dance step at a time in this lighthearted fable.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Virtually everybody says this. I may have to break down and go to the theater.
    I am nauseated by the fanboydom of the Marvel movies and Superhero movies in general. I generally find the movies to be poor storytelling and overly reliant on darkly lit cgi battle scenes (the exception to this rule is the Wonder Woman movie because that brunette chick does it for me. Hey, Bree. ). But I saw this new Spiderman movie with my wife and kids the day after Chrstmas and liked it. Go watch.