starting strength gym
Page 277 of 301 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thanks gents, I'll give it a go.

Just listened to the podcast and I have a few corrections related to the Godfather. The actor who played Capt. McKluskey was Sterling Hayden, not Sterling Holloway. He was also considered for the role of Quint in Jaws. Also the moment when Michael realizes his destiny is when the baker Enzo was too nervous to operate the cigarette lighter and Michael took it from him calmly lit it then looked down at his hands and noticed they weren't shaking. definitely the best movie ever made. I must have seen it over a hundred times and each time I discover something new. Truly a masterpiece.

Saw The Northman tonight. One of the best movies I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    On one hand, I cannot believe Hollywood went there - creating the most right-wing movie in years, a tale of a WHITE, STRAIGHT MALE finding humanity through the path of a warrior, and heroism... and on the other hand, of course Hollywood made this. It had to, because it's desperate to find an audience again.

Brilliant movie. Go and see it.

Rip, as an aficionado of Norse mythology, what did you make of this movie?

Haven't seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    Yeah this thing rocks. It was a little long for me, but anything Robert Eggers puts out is at least worth a watch. The Witch and The Lighthouse are some of the best of last decade. Not for everyone, but the man is a craftsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Yeah this thing rocks. It was a little long for me, but anything Robert Eggers puts out is at least worth a watch. The Witch and The Lighthouse are some of the best of last decade. Not for everyone, but the man is a craftsman.
    Eggers is a genius, so I will watch The Northman tonight. Agreed, everything he does is worth a watch.
    His movies “feel’ different from everything else out there,. He can use a landscape like no one else to project a sense of place.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Eggers is a genius, so I will watch The Northman tonight. Agreed, everything he does is worth a watch.
    His movies “feel’ different from everything else out there,. He can use a landscape like no one else to project a sense of place.
    It’s artistic in a way that I’m glad Hollywood is rewarding. It’s not always perfect, but at least someone is swinging for the damn fences,

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Haven't seen it yet.
    Don’t bother Rip, I just walked out of it after half an hour. Mis-cast, no soul, no emotion, tepid. Luxury lipstick on an Arkansas hog and an embarrassment to Norse mythology. Not even close to Gladiator, not even close.