starting strength gym
Page 279 of 301 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Maybe not for Rip...it's a Sports movie...but for the old sports jocks out there, here's a new movie that didn't trigger my woke sensors: "Hustle" with Adam Sandler, Queen Latifah and Robert Duvall on Netflix.

It's somewhat of a Rocky movie. Plenty of "training" scenes. It conveys the powerful relationship that can develop between a great coach and an extremely coachable , hungry athlete. I enjoyed it.

Watched "The Wanderers" (1979) on Tubi the other night. Almost a spiritual cousin to both The Outsiders and The Warriors, the film follows a group of eye-talian teens in a gang/football team (called The Wanders), who navigate the changing times of the early '60's Bronx.

Never heard of the flick before I randomly scrolled past it, but it was good! Had some violence, humor, romance, mafia stuff, gang battles, and probably the most unPC dialogue ever. For fans of The Running Man, the fat dude in the light costume is the head of one if the gangs in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Maybe not for Rip...it's a Sports movie...but for the old sports jocks out there, here's a new movie that didn't trigger my woke sensors: "Hustle" with Adam Sandler, Queen Latifah and Robert Duvall on Netflix.

It's somewhat of a Rocky movie. Plenty of "training" scenes. It conveys the powerful relationship that can develop between a great coach and an extremely coachable , hungry athlete. I enjoyed it.
    I enjoyed that movie as well. I nice feel good movie that didn't trigger me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    didn't trigger me.
    I cannot watch a movie about horses without crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I cannot watch a movie about horses without crying.
    Years ago, I ate horse for dinner in Montreal. No tears. Sorry, Jovan.

Best Horse movie: Hidalgo

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Years ago, I ate horse for dinner in Montreal. No tears. Sorry, Jovan.

Best Horse movie: Hidalgo
    I would eat a horse. I get along fine with live horses, although they are assholes, it is just the movies that always get me. And I really hardly ever cry, I think I must have spilled more tears over horse movies than in real life. Hidalgo is good. My favorite is Secretariat.

Class Action Park on HBO Max is hilarious. Unfortunately I never went but some of my friends did and can attest to the absurdity of the place

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Class Action Park on HBO Max is hilarious. Unfortunately I never went but some of my friends did and can attest to the absurdity of the place
    Watched it last night; it's excellent. Now I understand why I ended up hanging with crazy NJ kids in college.

40 and under people should watch this to better understand us middle class 1970-80s kids.
    We didn't go out to play; we went out to tempt death. We thrived on Risk.

Deep down, we view Risk differently than later generations. That difference is at the foundation of our disagreements...such as masks, for example.

I don't recall seeing RRR mentioned in this thread. Watch it now, thank me later.

starting strength coach development program
    RRR[note 1] is a 2022 Indian Telugu-language epic action drama film directed by S. S. Rajamouli who wrote the film with V. Vijayendra Prasad. It is produced by D. V. V. Danayya of DVV Entertainment. The film stars N. T. Rama Rao Jr., Ram Charan, Ajay Devgn, Alia Bhatt, Shriya Saran, Samuthirakani, Ray Stevenson, Alison Doody, and Olivia Morris. It is a fictional story about two real-life Indian revolutionaries, Alluri Sitarama Raju (Charan) and Komaram Bheem (Rama Rao), and their fight against the British Raj. Set in 1920, the plot explores the undocumented period in their lives when both the revolutionaries chose to go into oblivion before they began the fight for their country.
    Sounds fascinating. I mean, anything by S.S, Rajamouli is a must see!! Of all the Talugu-language films I have seen, this one is by far the best!!!