starting strength gym
Page 284 of 301 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Watching Memory on Amazon Prime. Best free movie I've seen in a very long time. Liam Neeson and Guy Pearce and lots of hatred.

Watched Spring (2014) - This movie accomplishes the impossible: a horror movie for date night.

The Last Movie Star, with Burt Reynolds is a character study on aging, fame and maybe bad choices. Ariel Winter was fearless and superb as Burt’s reluctant guide. There are some painful moments.

Bullet Train is on Netflix and available for rental. Very fun and Brad Pitt is always great. Lots of fun characters and dialogue. Good action, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Predator is my favourite movie, standing head and shoulders above everything else.

The only change that I think would make it a better movie would be removing the spaceship scene at the start.
    excellent suggestion on taking the spaceship part out. Several years a go, my son and I watched Predator, Total Recall, First Blood and one other of those types of movies I cannot recall right now. He REALLY liked Predator, because it's about the most perfect movie there is. Liked First Blood too. Wasn't as big of a fan of Total Recall.

But I recommend everyone stop what they are doing and watch it again. Not as good as Predator (nothing is), but it's an outstanding use of 1h45m.....

I´ve noticed that The Lion In Winter (1968) by Anthony Harvey has been mentioned a few times in the podcasts. Anyone who likes that film might want to check out Beckett (1964) by Peter Glenville. It´s based on a french play about Henry II´s chancellor and archbishop of Cantebury, St. Thomas Beckett. Peter O´Toole also played Henry II in Beckett, the character is however about fifteen to twenty years younger during the events of Beckett.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Bullet Train is on Netflix and available for rental. Very fun and Brad Pitt is always great. Lots of fun characters and dialogue. Good action, too.
    Loved the twins. Seemed like everyone working this film had excellent chemistry.

Had a bit of a 'Kill Bill' vibe to it, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by John F Musser View Post
    Drive 2011 with Ryan Gosling is a slow-paced, well-executed film noir with moments of extreme casual violence. Gosling’s character is a socio-path with a code, and some of the set pieces are genius. Bryan Cranston’s character seems to scream from the moment you see him “things aren’t going to work out for me”
    The opening scene alone is something to watch, even if you don't want to watch the rest of the movie. Such an interesting car chase scene.

Lou on Netflix. Not a perfect movie, however. A very good dog, a bad ass, complicated, six foot tall 60 plus year old protagonist, a bolt action rifle, and characters that stay true to character. A lot of miserable raining set pieces the actors embraced. It is worth watching.

starting strength coach development program
    The Devil's Advocate (1997)