starting strength gym
Page 285 of 301 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 3002

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Musser View Post
    Lou on Netflix. Not a perfect movie, however. A very good dog, a bad ass, complicated, six foot tall 60 plus year old protagonist, a bolt action rifle, and characters that stay true to character. A lot of miserable raining set pieces the actors embraced. It is worth watching.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll watch it without my wife. If there is even a chance a dog dies in a movie, she is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost and Found View Post
    If there is even a chance a dog dies in a movie, she is not fun.
    Is she John Wick?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost and Found View Post
    If there is even a chance a dog dies in a movie, she is not fun.
    Killing a dog in a movie annoys the hell out of me as well. If you don't mind a few spoilers, there is a handy website, Doesthedogdie It's crowd sourced but generally pretty accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Is she John Wick?
    It's possible.

The new Avatar movie wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Yes, there are plenty of cringe moments over the 3+ hours, but it was decent escapism.

The lead female alien is impressively brutal.

Watched “Unforgivable” with the wife. A very unglamorous Sandra Bullock in a gritty role. Good plot, good acting.
    Not a typical feel goof Hollywood movie, sort of a dark story but an interesting plot with an good twist t the end.
    She pays a woman who gets out of prison after 20 years

Watched “The Banshees of Inisherin”, billed as dark tragicomedy. Loved this movie. Had a indie feel, amazing cinematography of Ireland, great acting.
    The plot was so much better than I had anticipated. Put the closed captioning on, the Irish brogues may be difficult to understand.
    You know you have seen a good movie when you are still talking about it the next day. I saw it on HBO Max.

Tyson 2008. Technically a documentary, but highly entertaining. I'm not into sports docs, but this was great from many different angles. Mike Tyson is a fascinating character.

Starting Strength Radio #192 - Q & A episode. 1:15:38 in, and I quote directly from Rip:

Predator was the greatest film...
    I'm glad you agree Rip. No need for anyone to listen past that quoted time in the episode.

starting strength coach development program
    No one has mentioned Violent Night so I will now my favorite Christmas movie, David Harbour kills it as Santa the rest of the cast does a good job, Rip this Santa was a Viking before he was Santa it"s streaming diiferent places now watch it