starting strength gym
Page 1 of 300 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movies

Default The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Watched Absolute Power, 1997, last night. Clint Eastwood's commentary on the Clinton Administration and Democratic party politics in general. An excellent film.

A great movie to be sure. Another good one that had some eerie and somewhat similar plot points was No Way Out with Costner.

The best movies in the past few years have been the Marvel Studios work, especially Joss Whedon's Avengers franchise. And Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the best of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The best movies in the past few years have been the Marvel Studios work, especially Joss Whedon's Avengers franchise. And Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the best of the lot.
    Really? Everytime I get dragged along to another marvel superhero film I feel like I'm watching the same movie as last time with different characters spliced in. Avengers may as well just be called 'Iron Man & Friends' or 'The Expendables but with Superheroes'. Cringey, predictable one liners wrapped in EXPLOSIONS for 2 and a half hours.

I even thought it was starting to die down a bit but nah, they're gonna keep churning these things out on an annual basis for as long as possible. They're the movie equivalent of the Madden or Call of Duty video game franchises. Make the same game with the same formula every year with a new layer of paint slapped on and watch the money roll in.

Corruption goes deeper than a Monika Lewinsky you know.

Over here our sitting prime minister was removed from office not mind you by the majority of the citizens of this country but by members of his own party, not for corrupt behavior, but for removing all the green Co2 taxes installed by the previous labour (Democrats) government, but that is why we voted him in, because he promised to remove theses odious laws.

We were overruled by a few who are aligned with the UN.

Texas if it were possible should secede from the union, declare an international boarder around the state boundary, remove all federal entities in the state while you still have some independence left. Then the flag ( which can fly at the same level as the US Flag I think) of Texas can mean what it was meant to represent , an independent republic. The lone star state, what a legacy you folk have to live up to.

Quote Originally Posted by JB47 View Post
    Really? Everytime I get dragged along to another marvel superhero film I feel like I'm watching the same movie as last time with different characters spliced in. Avengers may as well just be called 'Iron Man & Friends' or 'The Expendables but with Superheroes'. Cringey, predictable one liners wrapped in EXPLOSIONS for 2 and a half hours.

I even thought it was starting to die down a bit but nah, they're gonna keep churning these things out on an annual basis for as long as possible. They're the movie equivalent of the Madden or Call of Duty video game franchises. Make the same game with the same formula every year with a new layer of paint slapped on and watch the money roll in.
    I think (I hope) you're being trolled here.

I don't know what to say about a guy who doesn't like superhero movies. Would you rather watch The Incredible Lightness of Being?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    But that punk director, whose career began renting videos in Manhattan Beach, CA, and whose name I will not waste the energy to type, is a waste of skin and an oxygen thief. I only once saw one of his movies involuntarily when visiting family friends who disappointed me by showing one of his movies they rented.
    You didn't like Pulp Fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't know what to say about a guy who doesn't like superhero movies. Would you rather watch The Incredible Lightness of Being?
    nothing against superhero movies - loved both adaptations of the hulk, spiderman, etc. But I found avengers boring as fuck. Joss Whedon disappoints me these days.

Rip, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think you'd like Justified.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    All due respect to Kurt Russell and Samuel L. Jackson for their other masterful portrayals in Tombstone and Rules of Engagement.

But that punk director, whose career began renting videos in Manhattan Beach, CA, and whose name I will not waste the energy to type, is a waste of skin and an oxygen thief. I only once saw one of his movies involuntarily when visiting family friends who disappointed me by showing one of his movies they rented.
    If you've only seen one of his movies, then perhaps you're unqualified to judge. Like a gymbro who sees one SS trainee. Seriously though, Tarantino is dope.

Page 1 of 300 1231151101 ... LastLast