The Movies The Movies

starting strength gym
Page 1 of 217 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 2168

Thread: The Movies

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    39,656

    Default The Movies

    • phoenix arizona seminar date
    • texas seminar date
    Watched Absolute Power, 1997, last night. Clint Eastwood's commentary on the Clinton Administration and Democratic party politics in general. An excellent film.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    29,098

    Default

    A great movie to be sure. Another good one that had some eerie and somewhat similar plot points was No Way Out with Costner.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    39,656

    Default

    The best movies in the past few years have been the Marvel Studios work, especially Joss Whedon's Avengers franchise. And Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the best of the lot.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The best movies in the past few years have been the Marvel Studios work, especially Joss Whedon's Avengers franchise. And Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the best of the lot.
    Really? Everytime I get dragged along to another marvel superhero film I feel like I'm watching the same movie as last time with different characters spliced in. Avengers may as well just be called 'Iron Man & Friends' or 'The Expendables but with Superheroes'. Cringey, predictable one liners wrapped in EXPLOSIONS for 2 and a half hours.

    I even thought it was starting to die down a bit but nah, they're gonna keep churning these things out on an annual basis for as long as possible. They're the movie equivalent of the Madden or Call of Duty video game franchises. Make the same game with the same formula every year with a new layer of paint slapped on and watch the money roll in.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    Corruption goes deeper than a Monika Lewinsky you know.

    Over here our sitting prime minister was removed from office not mind you by the majority of the citizens of this country but by members of his own party, not for corrupt behavior, but for removing all the green Co2 taxes installed by the previous labour (Democrats) government, but that is why we voted him in, because he promised to remove theses odious laws.

    We were overruled by a few who are aligned with the UN.

    Texas if it were possible should secede from the union, declare an international boarder around the state boundary, remove all federal entities in the state while you still have some independence left. Then the flag ( which can fly at the same level as the US Flag I think) of Texas can mean what it was meant to represent , an independent republic. The lone star state, what a legacy you folk have to live up to.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JB47 View Post
    Really? Everytime I get dragged along to another marvel superhero film I feel like I'm watching the same movie as last time with different characters spliced in. Avengers may as well just be called 'Iron Man & Friends' or 'The Expendables but with Superheroes'. Cringey, predictable one liners wrapped in EXPLOSIONS for 2 and a half hours.

    I even thought it was starting to die down a bit but nah, they're gonna keep churning these things out on an annual basis for as long as possible. They're the movie equivalent of the Madden or Call of Duty video game franchises. Make the same game with the same formula every year with a new layer of paint slapped on and watch the money roll in.
    I think (I hope) you're being trolled here.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    39,656

    Default

    I don't know what to say about a guy who doesn't like superhero movies. Would you rather watch The Incredible Lightness of Being?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    39,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    But that punk director, whose career began renting videos in Manhattan Beach, CA, and whose name I will not waste the energy to type, is a waste of skin and an oxygen thief. I only once saw one of his movies involuntarily when visiting family friends who disappointed me by showing one of his movies they rented.
    You didn't like Pulp Fiction?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't know what to say about a guy who doesn't like superhero movies. Would you rather watch The Incredible Lightness of Being?
    nothing against superhero movies - loved both adaptations of the hulk, spiderman, etc. But I found avengers boring as fuck. Joss Whedon disappoints me these days.

    Rip, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think you'd like Justified.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    The gym, the field.
    Posts
    955

    Default

    starting strength nutrition camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    All due respect to Kurt Russell and Samuel L. Jackson for their other masterful portrayals in Tombstone and Rules of Engagement.

    But that punk director, whose career began renting videos in Manhattan Beach, CA, and whose name I will not waste the energy to type, is a waste of skin and an oxygen thief. I only once saw one of his movies involuntarily when visiting family friends who disappointed me by showing one of his movies they rented.
    If you've only seen one of his movies, then perhaps you're unqualified to judge. Like a gymbro who sees one SS trainee. Seriously though, Tarantino is dope.

Page 1 of 217 1231151101 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •