starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chronic Tennis Elbow. Need Mark's help!

Default Chronic Tennis Elbow. Need Mark's help!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Mark. I recently got your book and watched a couple youtube videos. I've been lifting off and on for 10 years, I'm 36 year old male. i love lifting but have been plagued with injuries the last 3 years. I thought i knew correct form, but this onslaught of injuries made me rethink that maybe it's my form, so I got your book. They all seem to be tendon injuries. The most nagging though is tennis elbow in both arms for about 9 months. I've tried physical therapy, massage, and I've tried complete rest. I am so sick of this. All I want to to is lift weights again, especially after going through your book.
    In a video you said to stimulate inflammation process(Pin & Fire). You mentioned chin-ups for golfer's elbow. Should I do the same exercise for tennis elbow or something else? I would be eternally grateful for advice on this topic as I have lost nearly all my gains and am skinny and weak now. Thanks, Gabe

Tennis elbow and golfer's elbow get the same treatment, high-volume chins. Look up the protocol on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Tennis elbow and golfer's elbow get the same treatment, high-volume chins. Look up the protocol on these boards.
    Maybe add some eccentric work if it is particularly nasty.

The "roll-a-stick-with-a-weight-on-a-string" seems to be a good warm up for achey elbows. The WFAC has a permanent one attached to the wall made out of a conveyer roller, I think. Patented, no doubt.

Rowing on a C2 also helps, especially if you add a little torque against your hands. A few minutes of warm up, for me, alleviates elbow pain to a large degree.

I am new here. How do I look up a protocol for this. Much appreciated!

Thanks. I have been doing eccentrics. How long until I should see some relief?

My method takes about 2 weeks. I don't know what you've been doing.

For the last month and a half eccentric wrist extensions and stretching. I'm gonna start looking through your q&a to hopefully find your method

starting strength coach development program
    Excellent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast