Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics? Or crime?

Default Politics? Or crime?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The Lamest Duck - Washington Free Beacon

BY: Matthew Continetti

President Obama spent the week defending his proposals to curb gun violence, culminating in a CNN town hall. Think about that. What else happened during the last few days that might warrant a presidential town hall?

Oh, nothing much:

Iranian protestors stormed the Saudi embassy in Tehran after the House of Saud executed a Shiite cleric, escalating sectarian warfare in the Middle East

The stock market tumbled on fears of a global economic slowdown

A U.S. soldier was killed in action in Afghanistan, where the Taliban controls more ground than at any time since 2001

Iran revealed the existence of an underground ballistic missile launch site

North Korea detonated a nuclear device

A terrorist was foiled in Paris on the anniversary of the Charlie Hebdo massacre

We have entered a most dangerous period of the Obama presidency. It’s not just that every rogue actor from Kim and Putin and Castro to Maduro and Khamenei and Xi knows he has one last year to behave badly without fear of reprisal. It’s that the president and his team are isolated, aloof, detached from reality.

They think a climate deal is a rebuke to terrorism. They think the response to jihad in San Bernardino is to ‘close the gun-show loophole.’ They think a new communications strategy will convince the public that the war against ISIS is going well. I don’t question Obama’s sincerity. I question his sanity.
    We are entering an amazing and important time in US history. Take note of your surroundings, so you can tell your grandkids where you were.

History repeating itself. Nero fiddling while Rome burns.

But he cried, coach! On TV no less! Doesn't that stand for anything?

"Take guns—he’d sure like to." Oh, snap. But yeah, between this and the current state of Europe, I'm not too anxious to see the culmination of it all. I'm much too inexperienced and ignorant to speculate on anything, so I'll leave it at that. You guys have at it.

Well, you're sitting in the middle of a situation that Obama would like to see us in. How does it feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Well, you're sitting in the middle of a situation that Obama would like to see us in. How does it feel?
    Feels like shit; tensions are most certainly building. Feels like war or surrender to terrorists, foreign or domestic (I'd link to articles of progressives throwing everyone but themselves under the bus, but they're all in Dutch), are the only possible outcomes. I'm too old and unaccomplished to be a soldier or headless, coach.

But hey, I'm glad he cried and got it out of his system. Wouldn't want him to feel uncomfortable or anything. Good for him.

Just a reminder of the type of man we are talking about:

Lift weights to make you better able to protect yourself and your family.

Get licensed to carry so you can protect them from 50 yards away.

Vote.

Now if only there was someone on the horizon worth a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenDonut View Post
    Just a reminder of the type of man we are talking about:

That is incredible. It looks like he is actually straining.........

starting strength coach development program
    I think we should focus less on the man and more on the organization that commits these crimes. What were the "choices" last election? Obama = Democrat, Romney = Democrat. You are given a "choice" but the outcome is the same. When a Republican is in, Republicans ignore the transgressions against the people, when a Democrat is in the Democrats do the same. In the end the People all lose and the gears of government grind us up and spit us out. Obama has done nothing except continued and escalated the wars of his predecessor, and Bush did the same before him, and Clinton before him, etc. ad infinitum. The game is rigged, we are the suckers.

Middle-aged Dad, while I respect your premise I must comment, if you think licensing is a requirement to protect your family, then you are okay with that right being taken away, and no longer protecting them? Licensing extends a privilege, not a right.

I'm not even going to comment on "vote".

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast