starting strength gym

Thread: USOC Shutting Down Men's WLing at OTC

Default USOC Shutting Down Men's WLing at OTC

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    You've probably already heard about this, but for others interested in weightlifting, I just read a post by Mike Wittmer:

"I'm told the USOC is closing the men's program at the OTC, the rationale being that we do not need men training at the OLYMPIC training center if there are no men competing in the Olympics."

Ouch. This is a new nadir for USAW at a time when they have more money and members than ever before thanks to Crossfit. I had hoped Massik's departure (it's astounding how this slimeball keeps getting hired to new positions) would lead to some kind of improvement, but after the mishandling of the Sarah Robles incident, the garbled 26-page legal document on Olympic qualifying procedures, and now this business the outlook is less than sunny.

Should have been done years ago. What did USAW expect? That the USOC would continue to house an NGB on campus that can't get athletes qualified to go to the "O" thing? USAW is the worst organization in the USOC, and has been for decades. The space will be better utilized as parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Should have been done years ago. What did USAW expect? That the USOC would continue to house an NGB on campus that can't get athletes qualified to go to the "O" thing? USAW is the worst organization in the USOC, and has been for decades. The space will be better utilized as parking.
    I wish I could argue with that. I cannot.