starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Nicholas Racculia analyzes YOUR training data: part 1 of 2

Default Dr. Nicholas Racculia analyzes YOUR training data: part 1 of 2

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

now that was interesting, and what is up with novices squatting less than three times per week? Is that a statistical artifact or people just aren't doing three sessions a week?

Do any of the starting strength coaches keep training logs of their clients? A unified database for this purpose might be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekingman View Post
    what is up with novices squatting less than three times per week? Is that a statistical artifact or people just aren't doing three sessions a week?
    People will not do the program.

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    Do any of the starting strength coaches keep training logs of their clients? A unified database for this purpose might be interesting.
    That's been discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    See the Starting Strength Registry by Jordan Feigenbaum

looking forward to part two. it's astounding how many people don't follow the program properly. even on these boards.

Anyone follow up with (some of) the posters to see if they ARE squatting 3x/week, but not recording it? I kept a log for a bit, but stopped as I got bored of typing all the time. I keep my own log on excel.

Muntz,

We did not; it was a rather big task just getting the data scraped from the logs, so we focused our efforts there. If you want to take a stab at it, I think that would be terribly useful and would be happy to provide some leads. We are certain that many people who stopped logging kept lifting but we are uncertain if this cohort of lifters-who-don't-log are fundamentally different from lifters-who-log in terms of compliance with The Program.

Please email me if interested in helping out.

Looking forward to part 2.

It's a shame people don't just follow the program. Counted it up and if I hadn't had back issues at 225 my squat would be 330 assuming it didn't stall (big assumption). Hard for me to imagine squatting that much weight but bench and press have not stalled yet.

The program works!

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Racculia View Post
    Muntz,

We did not; it was a rather big task just getting the data scraped from the logs, so we focused our efforts there. If you want to take a stab at it, I think that would be terribly useful and would be happy to provide some leads. We are certain that many people who stopped logging kept lifting but we are uncertain if this cohort of lifters-who-don't-log are fundamentally different from lifters-who-log in terms of compliance with The Program.

Please email me if interested in helping out.
    Once the cloud sync stuff is in the app (its in testing at the moment) it will be possible to copy this across into a centralised database with everyone's training data and create a frontend that coaches can log into.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast