starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My latest on PJ: Strength Training vs. Running in the MSM

Default My latest on PJ: Strength Training vs. Running in the MSM

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The Mainstream Still Doesn't Know Strength Training Beats Running. Why? | PJ Media

The comments are always the best part. People who don't know what they're talking about, talking about an article they haven't read.

The comments are great in this one. A bunch of weak and clearly insignificant people talking about things they don't know anything about while pretending to be experts. I would love to see any of them attempt to do a heavy set of five. It is amazing that people like this are able to function in this world.

How about the guy talking about you going to his golf course and trying to walk a round of golf while carrying a golf bag? Wow. He thinks a golf bag is heavy and obviously doesn't understand the first thing about strength. It is very sad how weak these kind of people are. And they don't even care about trying to do anything about it. Unbelievable.

And I'm very fat.

This is actually a well nuanced article I can present to my mom. I have not read all the PJ media articles. This one doesn't mention the cardiovascular benefits of strength training but looking the comments another one does. Really, the only weakness of this article.

Also, in looking at the comments some people just won't get it no matter how hard you try.

Comment From PJ
    And yet, he claims lifting is cardio. He also claims that injuries are fewer which is just silly.
    Yup he claims it alright because well it is.

Thanks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And I'm very fat.
    I thought that was a requirement for golf?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kurisko View Post
    The comments are great in this one. A bunch of weak and clearly insignificant people talking about things they don't know anything about while pretending to be experts. I would love to see any of them attempt to do a heavy set of five. It is amazing that people like this are able to function in this world.

How about the guy talking about you going to his golf course and trying to walk a round of golf while carrying a golf bag? Wow. He thinks a golf bag is heavy and obviously doesn't understand the first thing about strength. It is very sad how weak these kind of people are. And they don't even care about trying to do anything about it. Unbelievable.
    the golf guy got me too.

wonder if he realises how easy it would be to carry around 25lbs when you can easily put 10 times that on your back and put your arse considerably closer to the ground with it than walking requires.

funny thing is if you got an engineer to explain to them that a machine can lift a 400lb thing easier if its max lifting capacity was 600lb compared to a machine with a max lifting capacity of 500lb they would actually get it and say 'of course!'.

Quote Originally Posted by rumblefish View Post
    I thought that was a requirement for golf?
    I thought breasts were a requirement.

Those commenters are proof that facts don't stand a chance against a prefered narrative.

I might have the slightest respect for some of those nitwits if they at least had an N=1 experience of doing at least a BW squat.

All their arguments about cardio would have to wait until their heart rate came back to gardening and walking the dog levels.

How are the book sales?

starting strength coach development program
    Steady.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast