starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Force PT test

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sandbag away, you'll likely still outperform most of your peers.

FWIW I used to be in the Air Force Reserve and took a PT test last year after weight training for the year prior and gaining 20 lbs (and doubling my squat). I've also always done very well on the run with a background in middle distance track and cross country. I had no trouble with the push-ups and sit-ups, didn't quite max them but came close. I definitely noticed the extra weight on the run and was slower than in the past but I still scored over a 90 cumulative on the test. I did no conditioning work leading up to the test. If you do a mock test on yourself a month out and throw some conditioning work into your training you should have no trouble at all scoring a 90+ on test day, just plan ahead a little.

starting strength coach development program
    I didn't run for 2 years while doing workups and deployed. I did Crossfit over there (2008), and when I got back I still ran a 23 minute 3 mile on a blown-out meniscus. I had plenty left in the tank if my knee had held up better... probably could've gotten a sub 20 min. I maxed my pull-ups and sit-ups easily for a high first class.

Bottom line: if I had to do it all over again I'd get stronger, do some HIIT rowing occasionally, and never run unless they made me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12