Thread: Making a Horse drink.

Default Making a Horse drink.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Some background:

I have a friend who was actively in the gym and doing all the good things:
    1) barbells
    2) incremental and planned load progression.

A few months back he recieved a sudden cancer diagnosis, stage 4.
    He was booked for immediate surgery, pathology and chemo as soon as possible.

What should have been two days in the hospital turned into weeks thanks to a multiresistant infection.
    He has been discharged, but cannot start chemo yet, as he still has this god damn super bug.

Weeks out of hospital, the wind has left his sails.
    He hasnt set foot in the gym, and is eating once a day.
    He must have already lost 30lbs.
    How does a more experienced man deal with a friend resigned to let himself fade away?
    Do I pick him up and drive him to my gym?
    Sit with him and make him eat?

Yell?
    Sarcasm?

This may seem silly, but get him about 400 mg of testosterone cypionate TONIGHT. Wait 2 days and see how he feels.

He's sick as hell and depending on his prognosis dealing - maybe for the first time - with his imminent mortality. Learning your birth certificate has an expiration date is a mind-screw.

Get him to eat more; protein shakes and CALORIES are what he needs to repair from his surgery and thrive in spite of whatever resistant bug he's caught. Sourcing medical (or otherwise) marijuana won't hurt either for mood and hunger.

Medical -- or otherwise -- marijuana may make the testosterone problem worse. But it's his call.

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2010 and got taken out straight away I think the infection your friend got has worked really badly against him. The main thing at the time was having the wife there for support. If the prognosis is good post chemotherapy sit with the guy and pretty much set goals with him afterall the guy did linear progression so he must be reasonable to some degree. Give him support, have him avoid internet (convinced myself ill die thanks to horror stories), get his weight up, if you go with rips suggestion do not tell the doctors because they will literally delay the treatment in order to cover their own asses.

Good luck to you and your friend not a nice situation to be in.

starting strength coach development program
    Simple plan for action: Slip him a pot cookie, take him out for a thick-cut steak 2 hours later, talk him into a testosterone shot over beers.

Other than that, simply being there is all you can do. Ultimately, people will do what they want to do and there's nothing to do but exist with them for as long as they have.