starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is in the Water in Wichita Falls?

Default What is in the Water in Wichita Falls?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The convergence of strength, football,and politics:

1. Wichita Falls, home of the most important strength gym in the country. At first glance appears to be a random location by any measure.

2. Starting QB of the Ohio State University, JT Barrett. Not all that random, the place produces plenty of great football talent. "Barrett attended S. H. Rider High School in Wichita Falls, Texas, where he was a three-sport athlete in football, basketball and track. He played as a dual-threat quarterback for the Rider Raiders football team."

3. Now the likely US Secretary of State is from there.
    "A native of Wichita Falls, Texas, Tillerson came to Exxon Mobile Corp. as a production engineer straight out of the University of Texas at Austin in 1975 and never left. Groomed for an executive position, Tillerson came up in the rough-and-tumble world of oil production, holding posts in the company's central United States, Yemen and Russian operations."

Something is going on in Wichita Falls....not sure what exactly but something.

For the record, neither Tillerson or Barrett ever trained at WFAC.

JTB's a fucking legend. He'll be the first QB in Ohio State history to go 4-0 against the degenerates up north.

Quote Originally Posted by ud2o View Post
    JTB's a fucking legend. He'll be the first QB in Ohio State history to go 4-0 against the degenerates up north.
    Go Buckeyes!!

When I saw Tillerson and Barrett were from WTF, first thing I thought of was [Mr] Rippetoe.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    The convergence of strength, football,and politics:

1. Wichita Falls, home of the most important strength gym in the country. At first glance appears to be a random location by any measure.

2. Starting QB of the Ohio State University, JT Barrett. Not all that random, the place produces plenty of great football talent. "Barrett attended S. H. Rider High School in Wichita Falls, Texas, where he was a three-sport athlete in football, basketball and track. He played as a dual-threat quarterback for the Rider Raiders football team."

3. Now the likely US Secretary of State is from there.
    "A native of Wichita Falls, Texas, Tillerson came to Exxon Mobile Corp. as a production engineer straight out of the University of Texas at Austin in 1975 and never left. Groomed for an executive position, Tillerson came up in the rough-and-tumble world of oil production, holding posts in the company's central United States, Yemen and Russian operations."

Something is going on in Wichita Falls....not sure what exactly but something.

Tom mate in 2014 when Wichita Falls was in drought they were experimenting with idea of using recycled sewage water for drinking, that is why some of the folk over there put in rain tanks, some were also sinking bores nearly all the way to China to avoid such a catastrophe. That is also why Balcones sold out down at the local bottle shop in those days.

What you should have written was "What was nearly in the water in Wichita Falls".

Most of us would like to come from Texas Tom the only problem is they have those rabid armadillo digging things running around, fire ants and rattlers. Otherwise I would have moved there years ago.

I'm sure Rip is aware he's listed as a "notable people" resident of Wichita Falls on Wikipedia's Wichita Falls entry - but I figgered Id point it out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    For the record, neither Tillerson or Barrett ever trained at WFAC.
    You have time. Linear progress him until inauguration day.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    I'm sure Rip is aware he's listed as a "notable people" resident of Wichita Falls on Wikipedia's Wichita Falls entry - but I figgered Id point it out anyway.
    They go through that list occasionally and take me off, and then somebody puts me back on. Pretty funny.

I am shocked that an Oil man and a football player are both from the same town in Texas.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Chapman View Post
    I am shocked that an Oil man and a football player are both from the same town in Texas.
    It is not a town anymore, might be good for business though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast