starting strength gym

Thread: Archive article: Wasting Time in the Gym.

Default Archive article: Wasting Time in the Gym.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

I humbly submit:

#4: Bullshitting. (I just came from the gym, where bullshitting added at least 30 minutes to my workout.)

Ask Rip...

Do lions ask gazelles to chill for 20 minutes after the pride wakes up from a nap? Don't the lions need stretch (with the latest mobility WOD) before they engage in a life and death workout with the gazelles?

I liked this article a lot. It took me a long time to realize I need to bring as much energy to the bar as possible, and there are ways to add energy and to subtract energy beforehand. This article perfectly reinforces the latter.

I like the way you make things "anatomically obvious" as you did describing the purpose of tendons that made stretching them, or considering stretching them, counterproductive.

In your abundance of spare time, it would be great if you wrote "Practical Anatomy for Athletes", and extended the discussion to bodily support systems or organs. "Kidneys, who needs them, how to preserve function, how to f#$× them up". (I know that's not on mission, but you have such a talent for helping us understand things). Maybe "How a healthy liver helps you lift more weight" would align.

Rip, thanks for what you do, I can bearly wait to meet you someday and thank you in person.