starting strength gym

Thread: Whoa, impressive philosophical specificity in PPST Rip

Default Whoa, impressive philosophical specificity in PPST Rip

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "Empiricism is a view of epistemology that holds the knowledge of the subject comes from direct sensory experience with it - empirical evidence." "...these people are typically those involved in generating this type of data, and they may regard the absence of an experimentally generated data set as an absence of knowledge"

"Rationalism is a competing epistemology that holds reason and logical analysis as sufficient test of knowledge and truth.

Impressive and particularly effect way of clearing up the gap in the peer reviewed literature regarding the novice effect and the differences between exercising and training.

Are you responsible for this particular piece of prose? I am a proponent of the benefits that logic and critical thinking provide and this is a great example of where/how it is seldom used effectively in every day modern life.

My prose. I'm rather impressed with it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

I know I'm going to come off as a member of Team Nutswinger but I've been a fan of your prose since reading Strong Enough over 10 years ago, which was the first of your books I read, and lead directly to purchasing everything you have authored. Your ability to express your thoughts and ideas in written form conveys your message really well, and really efficiently. Not many unnecessary and superfluous words make it into your writing. A true testament to a well thought out ideas.

Now excuse me as I climb off your nuts.

After yesterday's podcast you're comments on the impact excessive masturbation just hit the top of my Rip's prose list.

Rationalism and empiricism is a solid 2nd though.

Do your 5's ... Awesome ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I guess this would be cleared up by finding this passage in the book, but it's late so I'll just ask. Do you see your approach as being somewhere between these two extremes? On the one hand your approach is logical and reasoned, based on sound physcial and biological theory, but on the other hand it rose out of direct experience coaching people so it is empirical in that sense, even though it hasn't (yet) been researched in a full-on scientific study.

I rely primarily on logic and reasoned analysis, and my experience. The peer-reviewed literature is usually useless. But our approach has been verified quite a few times by the reasoned analysis and the experiences of the people who have replicated my little experiments. We publish here. You are the peers.

Your best work was the essay where you referenced "Coast to Coast" and sprinkled conspiracy theories throughout the piece. Makes me happy every time.

starting strength coach development program
    I just finished chapter 6 last night and couldn't help but laugh out load. He's explaining that women won't make strength gains as quickly as men, especially upper body, due to hormonal differences. Then this, "Sorry. We can't have multiple orgasms." I about fell off of my sofa.