starting strength gym

Thread: Lower thigh muscle mass is associated with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality

Default Lower thigh muscle mass is associated with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Interesting study from the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Hopefully the clinicians will start coming around.

European Journal of Clinical Nutrition - Abstract of article: Lower thigh muscle mass is associated with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in elderly hemodialysis patients

Lower thigh muscle mass is associated with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in elderly hemodialysis patients

Conclusions: Lower thigh muscle mass is significantly associated with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in hemodialysis patients. Our findings indicate the importance of focusing on the muscle mass of lower extremities to predict the clinical outcomes of hemodialysis patients.

This should have appeared in the journal Duh.

Sure we should all squat. But really the thigh muscle is just a proxy for overall muscle mass. The problem is now the recommendation is going to be more leg extensions and hack squats. I suppose it's step in the right direction though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xfitter View Post
    The problem is now the recommendation is going to be more leg extensions and hack squats. I suppose it's step in the right direction though.
    So Joe Weider had it right. I'll be damned. Gotta get that tear drop shape in the vastus medialus.

Quote Originally Posted by Xfitter View Post
    Sure we should all squat. But really the thigh muscle is just a proxy for overall muscle mass. The problem is now the recommendation is going to be more leg extensions and hack squats. I suppose it's step in the right direction though.
    Plus, we gotta work out the core. Can't lug around those big legs unless you have a strong core. Just strong legs from squats will create functional imbalances that will need corrective mobility interventions.

This is why everyone prefers men with "meaty" thighs.

It is known.

starting strength coach development program
    Sure we should all squat. But really the thigh muscle is just a proxy for overall muscle mass.

The dangers of frailty. It will kill in so many direct and indirect ways. When compounded with a medical history such as with the hemo pt, weakness and overall frailty literally kills. I'm just reminding myself to eat more and gain strength.