starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Joseph Pena Squats 1005 Pounds

Default Do your fahv!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by drlvegas View Post
    Damn it. Mine started at 12--now I'll have to wait 'till he's 19 for the 1,000 pound squat.[/url]
    My son started SS less than a year ago. We've had a few breaks and restarts due to injuries, schedule and "other" but it is going great. He dominated everyone he played against from nose guard and center with a squat of 210 at age 13. As a freshman next year, I hope for similar results but every level jump (to high school in this case) is a test. I expect 300+ squat over the next 6 months. DO YOUR FAHV!
    I was also amazed at his hand strength improvement which I'm sure is from deads. When he gets his hooks on a ball carrier, it's over. He once left his feet and they both "helicoptered" for a not so graceful landing. Previous to working out, his grip on a ball carrier betrayed him. Your son may progress faster than you think!

Quote Originally Posted by drlvegas View Post
    Also, these guys are shorting him about 400 pounds: Joseph Pena's Football Recruiting Profile
    None of the numbers in that link make sense. It seems that the information is from varied time periods. His quote from the bottom of the site says he's a Freshman in High School, yet his listed age is 18... I don't think he's 18 yet (or just turned). All of his numbers are "askew".
    I've looked at video of this guy playing football (get out your popcorn and find him on youtube). He regularly "pancakes" his opponent - and his opponents DO NOT look like slouches. I'm sorry to report that his form isn't pretty but he's so friggin' strong he can get away with it. As he progresses in college and pros (yes, I believe!), he'll work out the technique issues and be one of those guys you hope is on your favorite/home team (I hope the Bears get him ).

That's some great progress for your boy.

My son's spot is shooting guard in basketball, so I would expect progress to be slower than a kid who plays center/noseguard. As long as he enjoys it and improves, that's all I care about.

The Bears could probably start Joe Pena in the 2017 season

One of the guys we train with is Roberto Garza former center for the Bears. Great Human being and pretty dam strong. He opened his gym up to us last summer. Was a real treat.

So I see Joseph added a 20lb to his squat already. Strong kid getting even stronger.

Joseph Pena 1025# - YouTube
    Joseph Pena 1025lbs - YouTube

Is there anyone else at a similarly tender age who has managed such a feat?

starting strength coach development program
    We would have heard about it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234