starting strength gym

Thread: For Hurling: The best idea yet

I must say, I feel honored to be addressed in this manner.

I like the idea, although my plan is more simple. Just decouple that sinkhole along Lake Michigan from the rest of the state and let it be it's own state entity. Better yet, give it to Puerto Rico. Maybe the two of them can get their financial affairs in order. Absent Crook County and a few of the bordering "collar counties" the rest of the state runs pretty well.

I joke about Southern Illinois culturally being Kentucky anyway, but it is part of the Midwest as one dissenter quoted in the link pointed out. Once you get South of the Ohio River you are definitely not in the Midwest any more. In reality though, Southern Illinois is more closely tied to Southeast Missouri. So just give the whole Southwestern slice to them.

The state's governance has been constipated first by that crook Blago who is now in prison, and now by a death struggle like two scorpions in a bottle between a republican governor and a democrat speaker of the house for supremacy. I live in the most beautiful part of this state, but frankly, it's in a mess.

Like I commented to my friends who posted this on Facebook, don't give Kentucky the Shawnee NF. They already have Daniel Boone NF. Just give all that shit to Indiana.

The situation here as reported is not hyperbole. Employment is still lower than pre 2008 levels. I just checked Zillow. In the six counties that make up "Chicagoland" there are >2000 homes for sale in foreclosure, >19,000 in Pre-Foreclosure, and about 8800 recently foreclosed. Adding insult to injury, the state legislature recently voted to raise taxes. I have six years to full retirement. I don't know if I can hold out that long here.