starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corked thigh

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Fookin blakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Practicing karate I get hit by a fair amount of leg kicks almost every practice session. Sometimes I will be limping for a few days afterwards, so I place my two weekly squat (and deadlift) sessions on the days immediately before my two karate sessions. This way I always have a day or two to recover. I have done heavy squats with a bit of a contusion... seemed to help recover from that more than anything.
    Not a bad call. The squats made it feel much better. I'm about to head into Texas method for squats and was wondering how I'd arrange my training days. My mma days are mon/wed, so I was thinking my only option is tue/thu/sat for volume/light/intensity. Not sure if that's optimal but my mma sessions are only one hour and only moderately intensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Fookin blakes.
    I-rish that you would understand my accent better Mark. I did indeed cock my knee to obtain this injury, but that doesn't mean I talk like my convict ancestors, who I may or may not deny being related to. You have implied that this bloke was a flamin' galah however, which I wholeheartedly agree with.

[QUOTE=Mish;1581504]Not a bad call. The squats made it feel much better. I'm about to head into Texas method for squats and was wondering how I'd arrange my training days. My mma days are mon/wed, so I was thinking my only option is tue/thu/sat for volume/light/intensity. Not sure if that's optimal but my mma sessions are only one hour and only moderately intensive.

Personally I'd keep volume day away from the MMA days. Something like Friday/Sunday/Tuesday, or perhaps Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday w/ the light day between MMA.

Love the lingo, btw. Strike me pink!

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    Not a bad call. The squats made it feel much better. I'm about to head into Texas method for squats and was wondering how I'd arrange my training days. My mma days are mon/wed, so I was thinking my only option is tue/thu/sat for volume/light/intensity. Not sure if that's optimal but my mma sessions are only one hour and only moderately intensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by nykid View Post
    Personally I'd keep volume day away from the MMA days. Something like Friday/Sunday/Tuesday, or perhaps Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday w/ the light day between MMA.

What nykid said. I personally do a 4 day split, but on 3 day TM I think that setup looks good. Volume day can be pretty taxing, so having an MMA session the next day might impede recovery. Just try and see what works for you. I tried some different schedules before arriving at this one.

I think I like the sound of Fri/Sun/Tue. That gives me 3 days between volume day and my next mma session, and that way only one mma session falls between volume and intensity. I had, perhaps erroneously, thought to give intensity day the biggest recovery window, but I have read that volume day is rough to recover from. Thanks for the insights. Hoping to avoid corked thighs in the future if for nothing else than to avoid bamboozling Coach Rip.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

starting strength coach development program
    for the unwashed, how to speak australians

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12