starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Addutor tear causing bladder pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JHG View Post
    I am not disputing the efficacy of squats as part of the rehabilitation regime. However, if he in fact does have an adductor tear he many not be able to perform squats due to pain. Thus, starting with isometric exercise and gradually progressing to squats is not unreasonable.
    That is why he starts with narrow-stance squats with toes pointed forward, to stay out of the adductors, and then gradually adds back more width and toe angle until it is forced to heal. You'd enjoy a seminar, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That is why he starts with narrow-stance squats with toes pointed forward, to stay out of the adductors, and then gradually adds back more width and toe angle until it is forced to heal. You'd enjoy a seminar, I believe.
    I stand corrected. I would indeed enjoy a seminar and plan to attend one in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    I'm unsure what specialty you are trained in or where you are from, but this is not uncommon.
    I'm trained as a chiropractor and am currently in medical school. I'm from Toronto and the practice of ordering diagnostic MSK US is very common here.

Step number one, restore ROM. Step 2, git strawng. Step 3, return to regular lifting with reduced or removed pain. That's been most of my experience with injuries over the past 3 years, both inside the gym and on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by JHG View Post
    I stand corrected. I would indeed enjoy a seminar and plan to attend one in the future.

I'm trained as a chiropractor and am currently in medical school. I'm from Toronto and the practice of ordering diagnostic MSK US is very common here.
    MSK US in the United States is not common. MR is much more common because it is more expensive, takes longer, and gives no real diagnostic advantage over a competent physical exam.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    MSK US in the United States is not common. MR is much more common because it is more expensive, takes longer, and gives no real diagnostic advantage over a competent physical exam.
    Ha! Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12