starting strength gym
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Special population" training

Default "Special population" training

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have a bit of a controversial question, considering today's political climate. I noticed something when we were visiting the wife's family on the West coast and I was looking for gyms there. I've been to three different gyms in that state and there always seemed to be relatively many gay people. You know the kind, the one's you look at and just know. Before someone says something - If you don't want people to know you're gay, don't be so obnoxious about it. I'm just reporting what I saw. I am not looking to offend. I only ever see those guys on treadmills or doing yoga. Or checking other men out! Well, anyway.... So a week ago I finally saw two guys squatting. Or so I thought. One of them dumbbell squatted and took selfies in the mirror. Okay.... The other one got a barbell and squatted 65lbs for a set of 8 or 9. Then he deadlifted 120lbs for 4 or 5 sets. I laughed and continued with my workout. My wife works with two homosexual men and they are not willing to do manual labor, she says. Since I don't know any homosexuals personally, it's not like I could ask them. But it seems that within an already weak population (let's be honest) they are the weakest link. So I am still waiting to see one of them do something hard.

Have you trained a homosexual before? Are homosexuals typically weaker than heterosexual people? Many of them are effeminate and drawn to feminine things. My first thought is a lack of testosterone. I do believe that they have conditioned themselves to be weaker physically and mentally than they should be. Obviously homosexuals can get stronger if you can convince them to train and stick with it, but could it be that they have less genetic potential after their upbringing and lifestyle choices? I've been asking myself whether there is a genetic link. Evolutionary speaking, they do seem to be having a few mental blocks. No offense, but it seems they want to be women. Funnily lesbians are compensating for this, with them acting really butch and pretending to be men. Weird world we live in.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, Rip. The reason I ask you is because I think you represent everything a young man needs to know about masculinity and that such types could certainly learn from you. I know you've trained a lot of people throughout the years and would like to raise this point and get some opinions. Even if some of you might not be very understanding of my viewpoint.

God bless,

Jackson

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, Rip.
    GOD no, Jackson. How could anybody take any of this the wrong way??? That's a silly suggestion.

He He He He He....He said "Taking this the wrong way!" He He He He he he he he he he....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    GOD no, Jackson. How could anybody take any of this the wrong way??? That's a silly suggestion.
    For sure, all homosexuals are weak and soft Ian Roberts (rugby league) - Wikipedia

It's like this guy never did a google search for bears and landed in an unexpected part of the internet.

Have you ever seen the pride parade? Then you could contemplate some pretty big, muscular guys. Some of them are gays. I really don't think they are inherently don't prone to get bigger, if only they train and eat well. If a hetero man(or even a woman) can gain some muscles in her 50 - 60 'ss, see no reason why a 25 y.o gay can't participate in a men's physique competition, for example.

Ah, that explains it.

Light weights, half squats, selfies, treadmills... 90% of the men I see in gyms are gay!

I do yoga.

As they say in Yorkishire "All't world is mad 'cept me and thee, and even thee's a little queer"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't think you're a homosexual. And I didn't want to accuse you of being one or offend you by implying you associate with them.

I think if you work in the athletic field you will predominantly meet one kind of person. But every now and then you surely have other people coming in who might need more work. I'm assuming such a type does eventually try hard things and doesn't just stay at home. It's just that I've observed that most of them either have conditioned themselves to be weak or that they might have a genetic predisposition. If they say their orientation and lifestyle is genetic and not nurtured, what's wrong with asking if their demeanor or personality is? I'm not one for political correctness. I don't like the direction our society has been going in. No one in their right mind listens to transexual propaganda and nods to them redefining gender or invading the armed forces, competitive sports or our children's restrooms. I don't see how it's different with homosexuals who clearly made their own suboptimal life choices, with men acting like women and women acting like men. I don't want to exclude them, I just want to hold them responsible. And with political correctness on the rise, that seems impossible.

This might be the dumbest post I've seen in the past 4 years on this forum.

By what mechanism would a homosexual be weaker than a heterosexual? Further, by what criteria do you characterize a homosexual versus heterosexual? There's no genetic marker for homosexuality/heterosexuality.

starting strength coach development program
    Anyone else think it's a bit ironic that the OP seems to have an almost creepy high regard for Rip's masculinity?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast