starting strength gym

Thread: Patella Femoral Catching After Meniscus Repair

Default Patella Femoral Catching After Meniscus Repair

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I had my meniscus repaired on 12/8/16. My knee catches behind the knee cap every time I bend it now. It is not painful while this happens, just annoying because I'm wearing my cartilage away. It started in April when I was instructed by my surgeon to go back to the gym and get on the leg press. As I did I heard some tearing noises, but had no pain.

What is your recommendation to rehab this so I can get back to squatting, deadlifting, and getting my knee to stop catching? Thank you.

I've searched for hours and don't see this exact question posted, I apologize if it is and I didn't see it.

How do you know that you're wearing your cartilage away? Have you squatted yet?

Thank you for your response. The doctors say it's my cartilage, but I don't know for sure I'm wearing my cartilage away. I do know I have a catching sensation & hear noise whenever I bend my knee. My right thigh is smaller than my left now. If I squat high and don't bend my knees much it won't catch or make noise, but that's not really squatting properly either. I don't know if I started high, eventually I could go lower with no catching or not. I value your insight, as you know more about training than any of my physical therapists or doctors. Have you came across this before? What would you do?

I have squatted below parallel after 2 knee operations. I suggest you hire a coach and do them properly, now.

Thank you for your time & answer. I appreciate it & I will.