starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Platform: How to Rack Pull

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I appreciate your attitude, Jeremy. I get tired of being second-guessed every. single. time.

I just realized I missed deleting "with a different weight" in my last post. It read like English is my second language. I was tired last night. LOL

Thanks for the video Rip. I tried the rackpull for the first time today at the end of an hour's workout, and gradually built up to 200kg, doing one set of three. Playing it safe as doing something for the first time at 53 presents a little risk of having a hard time recovering.

My question is how you would compare the rackpull to a hexbar, or is that sacrilege?

The differences I see is that the hexbar involves more knee extension, whereas the rackpull is almost virtually all back extension. Also for me, the hex has a greater range of motion than my rack enables. Another difference is the grip; with the hex I have no need for straps, and as such I have the advantage of developing my grip with a heavy weight, plus I avoid the hesitation of bending down trying to set up the straps. I would say that the rackpull enables a MUCH greater focus on back extension and developes that aspect of the pull with maximum intensity.

So I guess my question would be if you see any benefit (or not) from doing hexbar pulls, and what would be the goal of doing them, and how would you compare the hex to the rackpull.

starting strength coach development program
    Is a trap bar pull stable at the top? Locked against something, like a barbell pull? I don't own one, and I see no reason to.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234