starting strength gym
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Car for Sale: Contact me directly if you're interested

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This car has no spare, but comes with run-flat tires. Sorry, tyres.
    Well you folk cannot help misspelling tyre, the only person round here that tires is me when I get home from work. Run flats are probably a good idea if you are on the freeway or driving at night, no need to stop howbeit a bit slower. Out west of here though the roads are bad, pot holes and the like and tyres places are few and far.

BTW Mark I don't know if you noticed, but your picture shows your BMW having the steering wheel on the wrong side. You see in Australia the steering wheel is on the driving side of the vehicle not on the wife's side of the car. If we had those left hand drive vehicles here in Australia my Mrs would want to drive all the time, thank God we put the controls on the right side. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    What kind of Ford? I just got a new Ford too.
    Grandad always use to say "If you can't Ford a Dodge, Dodge a Ford".

Mustang.

I meant that not all Fords are cheap.

I'd never own a Benz, or a Cadillac, or a 4-door sedan of any type. Or anything without a clutch pedal.
    I've always liked Mustangs.

Mustang
    Your thoughts on the mustang vs camaro vs challenger debate, Mark?

I'd never own a Benz, or a Cadillac
    What makes a BMW superior to a Mercedes or an Audi? They all seem to occupy the same niche.

Quote Originally Posted by topcraig View Post
    I wonder how many of us are left that still drive a manual. I'll bet more than half of the folks who read and post in the forum can't drive a stick.
    I think I read that it comprises about 5% of the US market. Certainly a theft deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kirkham View Post
    I know a guy with really cool cars with Ford engines in them...

You'd look good in one.

I'd look even better with all that money. Funny how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Giri View Post
    Your thoughts on the mustang vs camaro vs challenger debate, Mark?
    I voted.

What makes a BMW superior to a Mercedes or an Audi? They all seem to occupy the same niche.
    I don't know that BMW is superior to an Audi. I do know that Benz does not sell cars in the US market with a clutch pedal.

I do know that Benz does not sell cars in the US market with a clutch pedal.
    Nor does BMW or Audi, not for several years. I know from my previous dealer that BMW hasn't even developed a revised manual transmission for the U.S. market. They say it's because of the lack of demand, but the real reason is that the computer-controlled automatics meet the Federale's emissions diktats while the manuals can't.

I leased three BMWs before my A3. The price and availability for very similar appointments and performance were far better, at the time, with Audi, than BMW. I sorely miss my manual 328i, however.

I wonder how many of us are left that still drive a manual. I'll bet more than half of the folks who read and post in the forum can't drive a stick.
    Never owned anything but a manual.

She's a beaut, Clark

I used to own a 04' 3 series, but sold it because the parts were so damn expensive. Wonderfully fun cars to drive though, these little beamers.

The Chief Operating Officer of Porsche Cars North America calls the continuation of the manual transmission "a U.S.-led proposition." . . . "What we learned with [the 911R] is that we in America are carrying the flag for the manual transmission. It’s still very, very relevant and there’s a huge demand for it," Joe Lawrence, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Porsche Cars North America.
    - Road & Track online, 9/14/17

starting strength coach development program
    Could be an interesting poll. Not sure how much the weight training and car enthusiast communities intersect.

Rip, have you driven any M series BMW's?

Checking in with my 6sp:
    Shared album - Ethan Thibaudeau - Google Photos

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast