starting strength gym
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Car for Sale: Contact me directly if you're interested

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by topcraig View Post
    Mark, For some reason I pictured you driving a Ford F-150.

This Dealer Will Sell You The 650-HP F-150 Lightning Ford Refuses To Build
    I don't buy 1/2-ton trucks either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    DB bought herself the 2016 RS Camaro as her retirement car last year. . . . I've only driven a few times since I prefer less cultivated roads, but it's a real screamer.
    Less cultivated roads didn't slow down Bo, Luke, Daisy, and the General Lee.

Weld those doors shut and you've got an ATV there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    DB bought herself the 2016 RS Camaro as her retirement car last year. Blue, like the one in the link. As you might suspect, it's not QUITE as quick as the SS, but still, 0-60 in 5.3 seconds is G inducing. The downside is that side and especially rear visibility is terrible. I've only driven a few times since I prefer less cultivated roads, but it's a real screamer.
    Mark that is a Holden Commodore built here in Australia re-badged as a Chev. However I think the motor is from the US. They are not making them here anymore, we have stopped making cars, Ford is gone, GMH is gone, Toyota is gone, Mitsubishi is gone, we are closing Australia down, we cannot even make a fridge anymore, we are importing Mustangs to replace the Ford Falcon though.

Ford Mustang GT Fastback v Holden Commodore SS V Redline comparison: Track Test

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Cadillac, or a 4-door sedan of any type. Or anything without a clutch pedal.
    What kind of mustang?

Why not Cadillacs?

Why not 4 doors?

And why do you personally like straight drive better? More control, speed, gas milage, etc?

I was personally surprised to see that in today's world many automatics actually get better gas mileage than straight drive, and some of them are even faster accelerating.

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by John F Musser View Post
    A sleeper that looks like a rental car with a serious engine and a manual
    2017 Chevrolet SS Last Test: The End of a Performance Era - Motor Trend
    I've always thought the Chevy SS would be a great car.

I wonder if the rear wheel, high HP, stick shift sedans will be completely gone after this.

Five pages of banter and the original ad is still active. Apparently this is a pretty poor way to sell a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-Panz View Post
    What kind of mustang?

Why not Cadillacs?

Why not 4 doors?

And why do you personally like straight drive better? More control, speed, gas milage, etc?

I was personally surprised to see that in today's world many automatics actually get better gas mileage than straight drive, and some of them are even faster accelerating.

Why not?

I've always thought the Chevy SS would be a great car.

I wonder if the rear wheel, high HP, stick shift sedans will be completely gone after this.
    These are excellent questions, Matt. Some of the best questions that have been asked so far in this thread. It's questions like these that make this country the Greatest Country on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Berry View Post
    Five pages of banter and the original ad is still active. Apparently this is a pretty poor way to sell a car.
    How long does it take you to sell a car? If you sell it for me by tomorrow, I'll pay you 5%.

How long does it take you to sell a car? If you sell it for me by tomorrow, I'll pay you 5%.
    All right people, without even trying I got Rip to knock $700 off the asking price. Do I have to do everything?

Only if I sell it to you.

I used to think that too. Then I got my F-150 twin turbo Ecoboost. I replaced my diesel 3/4 ton. I will never go back. This truck is a fabulous piece of equipment. It tows better, rides better, has better gas mileage, and I don't worry about damn diesel stations any more. The new trucks are Cadillacs inside. I haven't spent a nickel on maintenance in 75,000 miles.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David Kirkham View Post
    I used to think that too. Then I got my F-150 twin turbo Ecoboost. I replaced my diesel 3/4 ton. I will never go back. This truck is a fabulous piece of equipment. It tows better, rides better, has better gas mileage, and I don't worry about damn diesel stations any more. The new trucks are Cadillacs inside. I haven't spent a nickel on maintenance in 75,000 miles.
    I just got a new all aluminum F-250 Super Duty with diesel. 440hp 900+ torque. Rides nice, has more luxury options than most cars, and can actually be put to real work if need be. Most 1/2 tons are cars anyways...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast